• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Jbl Vs Riffe In The Distance Competition

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Hypersquid1

Ride The Lightning
Jun 15, 2005
hey every one, i really really really want to buy a gun, and i was looking at the riffes and the JBLs . the jbl sawed off magnum says that the range is around 12 feet. the riffe competitor #00 standard says that the range is 8 feet. are these ranges accurate and does range really matter? would the riffe gun have more power even though the range is not as good? is there any way to make either of the guns have more power or speed? i am going to try and buy the riffe, just because i've heard that they are quieter than the jbl and i think they look nicer :duh and i think that the riffe gun will last longer and give me more for my money. and feedback would be great, now i've gotta go write a 6 page essay for class.

hypersquid1

Hypersquid1,

I own JBL Sawed off and couple of Riffe's but not C#0.

Now, JBL Sawed off is a very powerful gun in the short range, but u can't use it if you are asking for accuracy beyond 2 meters. I have used it strickly for hacking good size grouper, lingcod, etc in holes. Strenght is thick shaft, strong build, and cheap. Weakness of JBL; comes with 3 bands with metal wishbones which I have and changed to dynema, not accurate; trajectory drops very steeply after 1.5-2 meters, very noisy . If you are going to use it for strictly for hole hunting, go for it. However, If you want some range and better accuracy, try a Riffe 2X or 3X. You can use a 2X for all round purpose.

I would say gor for Riffe, I see a couple going on sale at ebay. perhaps, start with a used one. Don't worry Riffe are build pretty sturdy and last a long long time.

E

have owned lots of JBL's. that the "listed" range and half it.

they are closerange guns for sure. if you can afford it I would choose the Riffe out of the two (or better yet a sexy Euro style steel slinger :D )

that sawed of magnum will shoot 12 feet....straight down off a 13 ft wall:)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT