• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

JERSEY DIVE TEAM 2015

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

jerseymike

Dec 16, 2009
Welcome to our new thread. All Jersey spearos welcome
photo 5.JPG

Mike I had some pictures of some lovely bass that Caubis and Dan shot forwarded to me. I don't have Facebook and was wondering if the guys would be posting on the forum in the future. Were the bass caught lately or was that a summer comp?
Cheers Kerin

Mike I had some pictures of some lovely bass that Caubis and Dan shot forwarded to me. I don't have Facebook and was wondering if the guys would be posting on the forum in the future. Were the bass caught lately or was that a summer comp?
Cheers Kerin
They were a few pics from our files posted on our events to show peeps what's out there. I think Dan's bass was a 10lb 14........a tiddler! .... he had it in 2013. I plan to be post some of my catches here and I hope a few others will do too. Also, just bought a basic go pro hero so will see how that goes this year, could have a bit of video too.

how about developing our own inter island species comp? could be another bit of fun and we could run it on DB.

Reactions: Paulcollas
They were a few pics from our files posted on our events to show peeps what's out there. I think Dan's bass was a 10lb 14........a tiddler! .... he had it in 2013. I plan to be post some of my catches here and I hope a few others will do too. Also, just bought a basic go pro hero so will see how that goes this year, could have a bit of video too.
Cheers Kerin
OOPS! actually .......just read ur message properly! If u didn't see them on facebook, I don't know what fish u saw. cheers

Hi all looking forward to getting back into this how many divers has Guernsey a got for this competition

Hi John, not sure , we have literally just agreed the rules and as part of that have decided to leave it open to each island. Jsy dive team coordinators are in the process of establishing a Jersey team, We are limiting the numbers in the Jersey team (to give Gnsy a chance Ha Ha). but for now at least me and u r in it! Gnsy are doing the same and are starting with Jonny and Kerin, but Gnsy have loads of deeper blue members so there is plenty of scope for Guernsey divers to enter some great catches this year, down to Jonny and Kerin to get everyone motivated and same for us in Jsy. Have you checked out the Gnsy sea angling records, impressive! Loads of great fish in Gnsy waters so should an interesting challenge!

Last edited:
Guernsey V Jersey - Deeper Blue Members , Spearfishing Species Hunting Comp (just for Fun!)

This challenge runs from 28th February 2015 to 31st October 2015. Starting earlier than planned at request of super keen Guernsey spearos!

This is a team event.

Jersey and Guernsey only have one team each. Team size is up to individual islands, there is no limit on number of team participants, but all divers have to be existing members on Deeper Blue (as of 25/2/15) and resident in either Jersey or Guernsey.

The object is for each team to catch as many species from the list of eligible species as they can during the competition dates using a speargun, knife, pole spear or by hand!

The eligible species list is restricted to only 21 species.

Minimum qualifying sizes have been set which are well over legal limits. All the eligible species can be found in both Jersey and Guernsey waters, but it’s obviously not a completely level playing field as some species may be more or less prevalent, in the different islands…but ……it is only for fun, it is a challenge, and to catch them will require fishing different techniques and different venues.

Teams can enter only one of each species, ie their best specimen, but if the same diver, or another member in their team subsequently catches a bigger specimen, that may be entered and will supersede the previous entry.

NO night diving……………only daylight, freediving caught species are eligible.

Eligible species which are caught on any private, social or club dive anywhere within Jersey or Guernsey waters (other than by night diving) can be entered.

Entry requirements.

A diver must photograph their catch alongside a clearly legible ruler/measure and a copy of any daily paper (or dated electronic device) clearly showing the date that the fish was caught (so we can see that the fish meets the size requirements and date caught).

The photograph and details of the catch and the weight in kilos, should be posted on the Jersey Dive team thread on Deeper Blue. The entry must be posted in the month it is caught. However, eligible fish caught in the last couple of days of a month, can be posted up to three days into the next month. If that diver or a fellow team member catches a bigger fish than a previous entry, they may enter the bigger fish to replace the original eg a diver who enters a 1kg mullet but his colleague catches a 2kg mullet, the team may enter the 2kg fish. Volunteers from each island will collate the entries and post results (Jersey Mike and Jonny 250). PS if u catch a good fish, if possible, please try and get a photo of you holding it, and also post that with your entry.

On 31st October, the team which has caught the most eligible species during that year will be the winner. In the event of a drawn position, ie the same number of species, the team with the heaviest total catch wins.

There are no prizes or trophies, just the satisfaction gained from beating ur neighbouring island.

1, Bass

45cm

2, Grey Mullet- Gold spot,Thick lip, Thin lip

45cm (only one mullet, regardless of species)

3, Pollock

45cm

4, Garfish

45cm

5, White bream

28cm

6, Black bream

28cm

7, Gilt head bream

28cm

8, Red Mullet

28cm

9, Mackerel

28cm

10, Gurnard (regardless of species)

28cm

11, John Dorey (mouth closed)

28cm

12, Dover sole

36cm

13, Plaice

36cm

14, Brill

36cm

15,Turbot

36cm

16, Flounder

36cm

17, Trigger fish

36cm

18, Cod

36cm

19, Cuttlefish

1kg

20, Spider crab

1.5kgs

21, Brown Crab

1kgs

Could we include Scottish spearos in this friendly comp? £100 for the biggest Pollock?

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Reactions: jerseymike
Could we include Scottish spearos in this friendly comp? £100 for the biggest Pollock?

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk
At mo, its Gny v Jsy. Having seen the size of some your pollock, no bet, u defo wld be picking up the £100

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT