• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

JERSEY DIVE TEAM 2015

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
pretty sure we did...

Hi Jonny, I think there were some suggestions but no decisions. Pairs was one option and I think reducing Jersey team size to a more reasonable number was another (ie split into two). In the spirit of maintaining a team event, the latter seems fair, and Jsy guys r ok with two teams or even three teams for the Jersey boys. Guernsey shld be able to field 4-5 divers? and the UK aka Tartan Tramps/ Team CRAP cld easily do the same . After all, we still have a " TEAM" tankard to play for and I feel the friendly inter island/ UK rivalry generated by team spirit definitely added to the fun over the last couple of years, (prob more so than a pairs or individual comp). Just my penny worth, it is a group meet and I guess we can only do what the people and the organisers want to do. Whatever is decided ....looking fwd to it.

Last edited:

sounds good to me

Sounds good to me. I'm deciding whether to take the team tankard as a pair team or just solo.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Reactions: little sarge
Sounds good to me. I'm deciding whether to take the team tankard as a pair team or just solo.Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

"Son your ego is writing cheques your body can't cash...! [Topgun]. Who's gonna be your wingman then Grant?
Seriously tho, i think you scottishe are going to get your butts kicked by them Jerseys this time; even with a third-size team...

He had his butt kicked last time Jonny and he stayed in the water twice as long as the Crapaud boys on the Sunday!!

Reactions: jerseymike
He had his butt kicked last time Jonny and he stayed in the water twice as long as the Crapaud boys on the Sunday!!
Strange comment to come from someone who couldn't find their big boys pants and never managed to get in ha ha[emoji6]

Reactions: little sarge
Mike- are any of your Jersey comps a week or two either side of the guernsey meet?

Strange comment to come from someone who couldn't find their big boys pants and never managed to get in ha ha[emoji6]

Difference being I can fish that spot any day of the year so why go in when its shite! I also don't even have to get in my car and drive somewhere to go spearing, I could just walk! One of the perks of living in paradise!!!

Mike- are any of your Jersey comps a week or two either side of the guernsey meet?

We have comps on 19th July and 15th August, how long u r over 4? But doesn't have to be a comp. I expect u and Edin and the tartan tramps will be practicing in Gnsy the week before! Massive tides over that DB weekend, so any swell or wind will stir up vis, so the week after may be a bit dodgy. Difficult one to call

Ah, that won't work then. I'm over from 25th July to 8th Aug. I think Edin is there a bit longer. I'm picking 2 more up from the airport on 30th July and bringing them to the Wayside. They are a bit more full on than Edin or me though and are talking about flying in their suits so they don't waste any diving time when they hit the island (true!).
We'll be diving for sure the week before but as previously we'll keep in touch with Mart and avoid the comp areas leading up to it.
In reality though you guys are in the same boat as us - we can't hope to gain anything over the locals by scouting venues as they know them like the back of their hands.
I hear Edin has been buying some metal polish in Tesco last week - don't know what he's thinking

Heh, breaking news, GUERNSEY HAVE CAUGHT A FISH!!!!! Jonny has caught some bass today, just seen them on face book, hope he found a ruler, paper and some scales that work!

Reactions: foxfish
Heh, breaking news, GUERNSEY HAVE CAUGHT A FISH!!!!! Jonny has caught some bass today, just seen them on face book, hope he found a ruler, paper and some scales that work!

I can confirm that all fish were de-scaled and gutted before leaving the water and one of them is currently being cooked in my oven. We must try harder to remember this measuring and weighing business!!
Also bought some Guernsey new potatoes of the hedge and I must say they taste twice as nice as those Jersey royals Mike.

maybe its time to invite a few of our DB meet friends to help Guernsey out?

We all all know that won't be necessary as when they feel like it they will whop you Jersey arses!
Ha Ha...................u might be right........Gnsy (aka Jonny and Kerin) were dead keen to kick off this challenge, so we agreed the rules and agreed to start early, but it seems they r struggling...............lets hope they eventually catch something big enough to enter. At the mo they would defo benefit from some support.

Wld be good if u made it over. U cld always play it by ear and make the call at the time depending on the weather .

i had a plaice in my hands today too. bout a pound, totally gorgeous patterns and marking. left it to swim away...

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…