• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

JERSEY DIVE TEAM 2015

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
i had a plaice in my hands today too. bout a pound, totally gorgeous patterns and marking. left it to swim away...
That's only about 450grams.... prob legal but pretty small.............good decision.

Good things come to those who wait..... I have not been diving for many years now, mainly due to a medical condition but ... I am halfway through some treatment (UVB light treatment) & it really seems to be working.
So, I have plans...... six more weeks yet but, I will be back in action...

INTER ISLAND SPECIES COMP- JERSEY 6 Guernsey Nil

Flounder 1.05kgs caught 8th May by Mike S

Attachments

• flounder 1.050kgs 8th may mike s.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 192
Reactions: little sarge
Do you have freshwater streams on Jersey?
I think there aren't so many flounder onguernsey because there's not much fresh running into the sea? I've only seen 1 there and it was maybe half a pound.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Do you have freshwater streams on Jersey?
I think there aren't so many flounder onguernsey because there's not much fresh running into the sea? I've only seen 1 there and it was maybe half a pound.

No real streams in Jsy either (except after rain) BTW out of the 18 fish species on our spearfishing list, Gnsy hold 15 of the shore fishing records! Bass 18-6-5, black bream 6-8-6,gilthead 8-2-2, brill 7-7-8,cod 29-0-0, garfish 2-11-11, (gurnard red 2-4-6, gurnard tub 5-9-1) mackerel 2-13-0, mullet gg 3-0-4, mullet red 3-15-0, mullet thick 11-14-6, plaice 8-3-4,pollack 16-1-6, sole 6-8-10. and FLOUNDER 5-6-13,

29lb of Cod is impressive, rod caught yes? - can't imagine there's many Cod left around the Channel Islands at all now?

Reactions: jerseymike
29lb of Cod is impressive, rod caught yes? - can't imagine there's many Cod left around the Channel Islands at all now?

netters and rod anglers had a few last year around the 3-5lb mark. U must get a few more up North?

I have one in the hall of fame, 3.2lb I think.
My brother Derek used to hold the British record flounder but I cant remember the weight.
We only catch them in two specific locations.
Guernsey was actually two separate islands separated by a marsh of brackish water. The marsh land was reclaimed 210 years ago but the flounder still return to the marshes previous location which are now St Sampson's harbour & Grand Havre (the right of the Knife).

INTER ISLAND SPECIES COMP- JERSEY 7 Guernsey Nil

spider crab 2.4kgs caught 10th May by Mike s

Ah ya really scraping the bottom of the barrel now you must be getting very nervous! The Geurnsey boys are teasing you!

Reactions: jerseymike
Ah ya really scraping the bottom of the barrel now you must be getting very nervous! The Geurnsey boys are teasing you!
Spidercrabs are probably the best tasting seafood you can get, superb to eat and synonymous with the arrival of summer, a real privilege to catch some nice ones today, sure the Gnsy boys will land a whopper soon

Last edited:
C'mon Guerns tomorrow looks like an excellent forecast to get out and find a fish... there's flatties in the bays now and bass, pollack, mullet, and spiders... time to start getting some catches logged here... any takers?

Reactions: grantl
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…