• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

jet ski for spearfishing

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Great idea, esp. for zipping around Torbay (& no age restriction - gulp). Surprised nobody suggested this before. Uh -- just be careful not run down the rest of us Will there be enough room to carry all those bass & mullet you'll get?

Last edited:
X their are various options one can use for carrying gear and catch, when alone I carry my gear in bag straped to seat and use the compartment in front to carry fish, often I will use a plastic cloth hamper strapped to back (stands upright ) to carry gear for 2, and finally I tow a sled (the one used to tow kids behind the ski) with gear and cooler...a PWC won't ever replace a boat but it can be a keen alternative under most situations.

roflre. Spearo Dave's droll comment. I got a more positive image of jet skis after seeing footage of a youngster (15-17yr old) rescueing folk trapped in trees & cars by a sudden flood in the USA. Perhaps the footage is on youtube? The rescue services there really didn't have a good way to make a rescue and were floundering around with ropes and human chains far from the victims. The youngster - probably considered a knob until then - was quite at home in the extreme conditions (deep, fast flowing water with trees, debris, etc. sticking up all over the place), making light work of the task and getting the job done quickly & efficiently.

Just be careful & don't run anyone over. Did you consider a kayak? Saw a guy with a real small, light, neat OK sit-on one equipped for fishing recently. Greener, cheaper, quieter, helps build your upper body strength, and a good compliment to finning around. Perhaps not the same appeal though!

Interesting comment about the economy putting a lot onto the market.:hmm

I had a boat briefly, but couldn't afford to service it or launch it! :head
Thankfully turned out to be a bit of an earner as sold it at the start of the summer.

For me spearing should bring in more fish than I spend on kit! If I spend too much on kit it is no longer as enjoyable for me.

Having said that I like the look of the ski and if its about having fun that looks like a great toy.

Still will look better with some camo tape from your local hunting shop! You should watch waterworld again for some ideas. I still reckon it will be good to take chase of any other boat users that come to close to your dive flag :vangry

Waterworld!!!!! Yeah!!!! Mount rocket launchers & a giant harpoon gun!!!!!

Couple of ideas for you here!

Attachments

• 500x500_5_0_0.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 180
  • 677906698_df41a7d9d6.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 164
Reactions: agbiv
Love the shark scheme. What if....big GWS gets amorous?????

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…