• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Joke Threads

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Stephan Whelan

Papa Smurf
Staff member
Admin
Jan 7, 1999
Hi Everyone,

It seems that a number of people are starting to post more joke threads to this forum. Whilst we encourage humour and off-topic discussion in "The Beach Bar" forum, I would like to point out that several threads are now starting to border on the edge of decency.

We have had no direct complaints as yet but please be considerate when posting joke threads and consider that the audience consists of men, women and children - many of whom are "lurkers" and do not post - from diverse backgrounds.

Many Thanks!

Reactions: Erik and Alison
Point taken mate.

Just cant be serious all the time you know. Most of us are sadists as we enjoy killing things, so i think a bit of comic relief is good for all of us.

Theres jokes and then theres pathetic pictures of old guys with their tackle hanging out.

DB has a reputation of good, clean fun.

Lets keep it that way? :hmm

IMO: Time to draw the line Stepan...

Umm... I am getting hungry, lets look around if there is a "free" dog and cat that i can eat. :p What shoud i use spearguns or 12 bore, mmm..no speargun is better, i should even use reel for more fun. I can reel it in and out or even can asphalt surf;)

Gotta Agree with Stephan/Shadow

Some of these are getting a bit dodgy......:hmm

Reactions: Erik
Me too especially as children do visit this site, perhaps the nice thing to do would be a bit of editing here and there :) Not a lot of good apologising and doing nothing about it!

Reactions: bdurrett
Re: Gotta Agree with Stephan/Shadow

Originally posted by bdurrett
Some of these are getting a bit dodgy......:hmm

I agree. I love bathroom humour, but there's a place and time. Generally in the bathroom.
Cheers,
Erik Y.

Re: Re: Gotta Agree with Stephan/Shadow

Originally posted by Erik
I agree. I love bathroom humour, but there's a place and time. Generally in the bathroom.
Cheers,
Erik Y.

Not to mention that it would be enough to get DB slapped onto a BlackList in some places, especially in those states where the "Morality Police" are on the look-out...... That would :ban royally in my opinion

Folks - we've had several complaints around the "Grandads Catch" thread so I have removed it.

As many of my friends have told me my humour can be quite toilet-like, however we have a legal obligation to keep all content on the site as PG-13. It's not always totally possible to do that but we try our absolute best.

There is a simple rule of thumb - before you post think whether you'd show it to a 13 year-old.

Thanks!

maybe I'm odd but I just felt really sorry for the old guy! He was so happy with his fish and probably would have been mortified when he saw the photo...

it kind of made me sad rather than shocked!!

I think that one was more likely to be someone playing around with photoshop, well I hope so or I'm right with you Sam and we;re both odd ;)

13 years old and "Morality Police"

Well..

If we will adjust our posts for these then we should not post dead fish pictures with bloos either:naughty

The diving itself is dangerous sport, so lets don't let the kids read all the stuff here. Is this more ethical?:naughty

I also think that the joke that shaca post is not suitable for this forum hovewer i belive it was not deliv intention. So lets not exaggerrate the situation and pass along the topic.;)

But the thing is! Fishing isnt ilegal in many places but adult images and content is and whilst a responsible parent may allow their child to look at a Diving/spearfishing website, Im pretty sure that they wouldnt want their children to see that sort of thing. Dont get me wrong, Im all for having a good time god knows Ive been in trouble often enough myself from mucking around and Shacca's pic had me in fits but there is a time, a place and decency laws that the admin of this site have to adere to.
Just so you know, I started diving when I was 14 and that would have upset me then. Lets just be adult enough to know where to stop. Yes?

Reactions: defofthecrown
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT