• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

July Session

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Simon_Reid

Jan 4, 2007
Hi All,

After me deciding the themes of the Tribe sessions so far, I thought it only fair if each of you coming to the July 2nd session could tell me what you would like out of it.

To give you some reminders of what we've covered so far:

Dynamic apnea
Static apnea
Duck dive drills
Constant weight rescue drills
Static rescue drills
Dynamic tables
Static tables
Kit review
General Freediving talk
Toypedo training
Extracts from freediving DVDs
Tips and techniques

Anything else you would like to include in the session, just ask.

The pool is splendidly warm now and thermal protection was not needed for the June session.

Regards

Simon.

Hi Simon,

I have just had a brilliant weekend freediving at Chepstow, where the guys freaked me out by putting us all through a competition-style set up on Sunday, including announcing your depth, official count downs etc. Scary! Since I enjoyed myself so much, I decided to take a break and head out to Dahab for two weeks, to train for the Double Dip.

That means I'll be missing the lovely warm Streatham pool this month! I'll be thinking of you all :).

Any other tribe members who would like to join me and others in the double dip competition (all about just having some fun, really), there is a thread in the salt free area of the forum.

See you in August!

Anna

will be back next week. . . happy to do some dynamic training but guess will depend on how many of us are in the pool. . .

As boring as it might seem to others, I find the static tables very de-stressing and relaxing. So if there is agreement, I would like some of that, along with dynamic tables and perhaps a max attempt.

Toypedo - but of course! Put it in the bag now, Simon!;)

As you will not be there Anna ... wot's dubble dippin?:confused: Ah, re-reading your post I see the direction to the salt-free thread ... which is where I'm off to.

Last edited:
Ok, that's fine. Dynamic and static tables it is then and I have found the Toypedo for a bit of rough and tumble in the last half hour. It was lurking at the bottom of a dive crate.

I'll be there from 7:30

Simon.

Topic Suggestion.

Simon:

I'm going to bring my Suunto. Perhaps you could use it to demo the features of interest when free diving? I've read the instruction book a few times but still get the options mixed up when actually diving.

Thanks,

Tony

Tonight guys, by popular request we will be doing some dynamic tables, static tables (with maybe a PB from James - no pressure mate)

We shall be starting off with a mask briefing and a demo of the wonderful Suunto D3 and Stinger. I may even bring along my fluid goggles for you to try, Bizarre and some say, scary!

The Toypedo is loaded and ready for a fitness blast at the end of the pool session before we jump in the sauna.

See you later!

Simon.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT