• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

June's Contest... Finally!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

icarus pacific

Human-in-training
Nov 7, 2001
OK, I know it's the middle of the month and all, but hey, it's not like I'm getting paid for this, ya know?? :hmm
And besides, the photos I had all set up I had to get rid of when I found out that the model wasn't going to be able to sign the model release. "Whaddya mean you're not 18?!" :head

Take a gander at the photo below and come up with a funny caption. This is a family show here so let's work on keeping it semi-clean and ferchrisakes check your spelling. :ban

You come up with the funniest one or twelve liner, sonnet, poem or preamble, you are stylin' in a DB T-shirt or sippin' pinky-up from a DB coffee cup. Life is good! There's only half a month left for this Contest so get after it. And you folks over in SCUBA-land and on the payroll and you fortunate few that are just joining and milling about? This is for you too!!

Something like... "The abalone shell on the left is from Freedive UK. The abalone on the right is from DB. Any questions?" :D

16 and a half.... :waterwork

sven

Last edited:
"Yes, your honour, now that I have finally seen a legal Abalone I see that my biggest one (Exhibit A- left) is just a touch small... but I had to impress Andrsn.."

Reactions: PILOT
"And now, if we continue our tour, you can see the next exibit, Sven's Kidney-stone Collection....."

Some of You might remember those old Drug awareness posters....

Last edited:
Reactions: Griff
What did the big abalone say to the small one when he was trying to tell his funny joke.................:D

"CLAM UP"rofl rofl rofl rofl

Sorry I've been away for some time:D

One day the young abalone said to the older, "lets swim over to that kelp bed and eat one of those leaves". The older and wiser abalone said, "no, lets crawl over and eat them all".

Sven is foiled again by the metric system. don't care what your girlfriend told you, the one on the left is not 7 inches.

Sven,
having Asymmetric family jewels is not something to brag about in public.:naughty
;)

a close-up revealed the dubious origins of rig-diver's engagement ring

Attachments

• june contest.jpg
    june contest.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 452
Reactions: Amphibious
Now Sven had all the ingredients for that mother of pearl necklace... :D

:ban

What we'll do is send Freedive UK a box of the shells on the right.... & mark the box "extra small"

:hmm

"So you use one as a pocket mirror and the other one as a make-up mixing tray?"
-Bewilderment at UK Freediver forum.
:D

Disclaimer: The writer of this post actually appriciate the healthy contibution of UK freedivers to the world of (fashion) freediving and did not mean to insinuate anything and was actually pushed to this desperate move by his covetousness for a db shirt. please have mercy on his soul. and give him the shirt.

Last edited:
Skinny-dipping in a tide pool watching the sun set, Dan couldn't quite shake the feeling that his "girlfriend" was lying about her length.

Thank you, Dr. Freud

"--Only one Abalone exists in the photo:
--Abalone on Left has Napolean Complex.
--Abalone on Right is self-portrait."

Last edited:
A bit Bowie-esque

Imagine hearing David Bowie singing "Ground Control to Major Tom..."

Now that you have that one down, imagine hearing Xavier Naidoo singing "Now it seems, I'm on my way to Mars..."

Now that you are in the right frame of mind, take a look at the neat new way that the European Space Agency has found to use all natural materials in the space program, more specifically, on the Mars Express satellite!

"Abalone Phone Home!"

Bret

By the way, the T-Shirt is XL! ;)

Attachments

• mex1.jpg
    mex1.jpg
    400.3 KB · Views: 375
it's amazing what grown men can do with a simple picture of two abolone shells. this is good stuff! you guys crack me up!

-mrofl

...Second Opinion....

Actually this is what is known as a classic case of Shell Envy...

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT