• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Just bought a Cressi sl70

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

enross

Aug 7, 2011
Well After my banded gun fell to bits I decided to buy a Cressi sl70.

I can't wait to try it out, anything I should know about with owning a pneumatic gun? Anyone else here own an sl70?

That is a very short gun so range will be limited.
There are ways of improving the performance but see how you get on with the gun first.
Air guns are great weapons, there is nothing in particular you need to know apart from the obvious!
Read the manual and set the pressure low to start with then build it up to manageable level.

Cool, cheers foxfish. One question I have is how do you attach the line to pneumatic guns? My banded gun had a loop on the muzzle but I can't see anywhere in the pictures for this.

I found my 75cm banded gun a little to long hence the shorter gun, I only ever seem to have 2/3 meter vis so I'm hoping this will be better for the job.

A 70 air gun will be quite a bit shorter than you band gun in fact a 90 air gun is about the same as a 75 band gun!
There will be a somewhere to attach the line....
look up dry barrel air guns & especially Tromics post....

A 70 air gun will be quite a bit shorter than you band gun in fact a 90 air gun is about the same as a 75 band gun!
There will be a somewhere to attach the line....
look up dry barrel air guns & especially Tromics post....

Just had another look at the pictures and i can see where the line goes, i will research this dry barrel stuff as it seems a pretty popular mod.

I have an SL70 and I find it more powerful and accurate than my Cressi Comanche 90 and yet shorter and easier to manage. I have 5 or 6 wraps of line on mine and I find that it'll hit the end of those wraps (around 4m) with power to spare. A brilliant gun.

Don't forget to use the regulator when shooting towards rocks!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…