• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

just joined

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

enco

Feb 28, 2005
hello everyone, just joined DB, I am into spearfishing, and free-diving, i'm form Croatia, where I do all the diving (island Hvar), I concider myself a beginner, and would like to find out how to improve my apnea times(static and dynamic), also would like to find static apnea tables, I couldn't locate them... thanks!

thank you very much JMD, this seems to work good, i hope to improve my static apnea. What do you suggest is the best way to improve, I mean what numbers to put in, since my best time is aprox 200s?

enco said:
i hope to improve my static apnea. What do you suggest is the best way to improve?

Maybe it is just me but .....

rofl hold your breath longer? rofl

Just kidding! :D

Welcome to Deeper Blue. I am a Bubbler (aka SCUBA) so know NOTHING about freediving. I am just a little ways from you (in Germany) but have lots less water around!

Cheers,
Bret

yeah i knoe the point is to hold my breath, but i meant what kind of percentages of my PB to use for my training tables, i know it's individual, but what suggestions do you have?

Me? I have NO suggestions what-so-ever, preferring to breathe out of a tank while underwater. I was serious in my reply that I know nothing about free-diving. My quip about holding your breath longer was supposed to be a joke but I guess it fell a bit flat......:eek:

Cheers,
B

Last edited:
Reactions: island_sands
If I remember correct, the conventional way is to use 50% of PB as the static in the 'reduce rest time' table and 85% of PB as longest static in the 'increase breath-hold time' table.

I think that the main effect of those tables is psychological - you do alot of easy holds and you stop treating every breath-hold as special and thuss "stress" yourself over it. You also start taking for granted that a warm-up makes alot of difference, which is good for beginners I think.

Ofcoruse it helps also with relaxation & developing reflexs etc, but I think that the benefits in the conventional tables to high CO2 and low O2 tolerance are mostly significant in the start and they can get you only till a certain point.

thanks michael, helped a lot....i'm gonna get started om my workout...including apnea later on...thnx

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT