• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Just joined...

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

lmperez

Mar 22, 2005
Hey guys/gals, my name is Louie. 21 years old and have been in love with the ocean for a while now. Lately lobstering and fishing has gotten monotonous and me and my buddies have been trying to take up spearfishing. Which brings me here...my PB is 2 mintues flat and thats just sitting in my chair. I love being underwater, this is probably why scuba diving is one of my favorite hobbies. Anyways, just figured I'd introduce myself. Laters...

Wow..i finally get to be the first to welcome someone!!! So here goes...

Welcome to Deeperblue!! This is an awesome resource for everything underwater!! The people are great here, very helpful and knowledgeable. Enjoy!! Talk to ya in one of the threads sometime!!!

(how'd i do peeps?? lol)

Where do you go diving? If your a Southern Californian then maybe we can join up for the day and hit the water.

South Miami and the Keys

if I ever find myself on the west coast though I'll be sure to bring my 7mm suit lol.

Hey there, Imperez,

I take it from the avatar that you're somewhere in FL?

Like Drunkinbda says, best forum in the world, whether or not you're into diving. Great site to research, but there's almost too many threads to read, so don't feel horrible about asking a question that might have been asked way back when.

Glad to have you!

(Drunkinbda representin' in full effect, yo...ha ha ha)

Thats right, proud student at the University of Florida, conveniently place 20 minutes away from Ginnie Springs but I'm from South Miami. I have a place in Key Largo also so those are the three places where I spend most of my time.

hi

Just joined also. We live on Curacao, and our garden is just in front of the door. Have a 8yr old daughter, who 's diving also. It's great to dive with her. Wanted to add some pictures on this forum, but no luck yet. Will try again. Like to see where we live go to www.waterside.an

Happy diving everyone :cool:

Hey there Waterside - great to see someone else from Curacao here. I'm just up the road from you in Piscadera, have never figured out how to get to those appartments where you're staying though (they're the one's that are visible from the golf course right?)...

Anyway, I'm guessing that you're a diver but if you ever want to freedive I'm looking for a training partner so please drop me a line.

All the best,
Gordon.

Hi Gordon,

The apartments are indeed those near Blue Bay. You have to take the left by Centrum supermarket and go to St Michiel. You will see the signs for Waterside Apartments. Apartments are just in front of Snake Bay. They say it is one of the better dive spots. I can agree. Diving we love and so our 8yr old. Even she goes no deeper then 5/6 meters for the moment, it's great to dive with her. Had a friend over from Los Angeles last month and although he is a master diver/instructor/etc and makes great pictures he loved it also. If you have time check his website www.alankopp.com for amazing pictures. Most of time were home and have time for a dive, so call 888.6201 no problem or drop by for a Polar, greetings

Rudi

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT