• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Kalymnos!!!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Simon_Reid

Jan 4, 2007
Hi Guys,

Just back from Kalymnos exhausted this morning after 2 weeks of teaching and training on that magical Greek isle.

What a blast. It was a full on trip for Emma and the instructors. We put our students through it too (in a most enjoyable way of course) with many achieving PBs in static apnea, dynamic and constant weight. Many of the students now have 2 & 3 star AIDA qualifications and Anna joins us now as a fully qualified AIDA instructor.

There was never a dull moment as we filled our days with:

Wreck diving.
Skandalopetra diving, a kind of primitive no limits diving for sponges.
A baby turtle rescue and release mission.
A visit to an amazing cave system.
Underwater treasure hunts.
Extinct (they assured us) volcano crater diving.
Lots of CW, static and dynamic training.
A Sponge diving film documentary and presentation.
A diving museum visit.
Lots of boat trips.
Many great meals out.

Loads of laughs and a big celebratory end of trip fish paella at our host Katerina’s beautiful mountainside home, where a new cocktail was invented. A Katerina Sunset.

This magical concoction of Ouzo and Pomegranate juice over ice, (shaken not stirred) was almost my undoing as I struggled against all odds to deliver the perfect Paella de Mariscos to the freediving gang. Emma and Douglas did a kind of mishmash of rice and veg for those not interested in the fishy bits and I was berated continuously for not adding cheese to the Paella ?????????

So the countdown for next year has started already and I shall be showing some of the pictures I took at the next Tribe session, 10th September. I won’t show them all, as 1400 photos were taken by me alone!

See you on the 10th.

Regards

Simon.

Hi Guys,

There is an article in this Sunday's Times in one of the colour supplements about freediving in Kalymnos, and some of the photographs used have been selected from the many I took during our summer camp on the island in 2007.
I've not yet seen the article but I hope they've got all the freediving facts right.

Regards

Simon.

Here is a short preview of the slideshow available on DVD of the DeeperBlue.net Kalymnos Freediving Summer Camp 2007.

The high quality DVD version is 15 minutes long, has many more photos, a haunting atmospheric soundtrack and diarises the 2007 event on the "Freedivers's Isle."

It will soon be available online for £15.00 + p&p from DeeperBlue.net - Fanatical About FreeDiving, Scuba Diving, Spearfishing & Technical Diving however, a copy can be provided now on request by emailing me at simon.reid@deeperblue.net

Last edited by a moderator:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT