• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Key West - Dry Marquesas trip

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

afgranda

Aug 26, 2018
Hello,
I'll be for 1st time in Key West with my Chriscraft 23 footer and a new Cressi Comanche. Any suggestions for an old spearo who hasn't spearfished for 15 years (what a shame, working reasons)?. I heard the coral heads, not enclosed by the sanctuary buoys, could be good spots plus a few wrecks scattered between Key West and Marquesas. Eventually I'd like to navigate all the way to Dry Tortugas but most probably I'll need an extra fuel tank/bladder for the returning trip.
Thank you,
Anthony

The Tortugas is a great visit, don't miss it.

Can't give you much advice on dive spots, other than Tortugas Bank (beyond th Fort) is legal and parts are real good.

Be careful of the weather. That area is not well forecast and it can get ugly fast(personal experiance) with little in the forecast. With no resupply available out there, getting stuck for much time at the Fort is a bad option.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT