• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Kia ora from New Zealand

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

WellyFisho

Aug 9, 2017
Hi guys, new to Spearfishing and the forum.
Keen to dig into the good advice here and also to meeting some people to hunt with here in my hometown of Wellington.
Cheers
WF

I saw a large string ray swimming in your harbour & I watched a chap catch a nice king fish from a pier too, just a few months back.

I saw a large string ray swimming in your harbour & I watched a chap catch a nice king fish from a pier too, just a few months back.

Next time you're in the Wellington region go to Pukerua Bay an hour or so before dawn. You will see many Sting ray just winging about. Beautiful!

I also fish from my Kayak as well as use it as a platform to Spearfish from and have caught a number of good size kingfish on it. Kingfish are amazing sport from any platform but absolutely phenomenal from a kayak! ;)

If there's anyone out there who's keen to spearfish Wellington using the Kayak as a platform, please let feel free to PM me! :D :D

Welcome to Deeperblue! How are the water temps in your area?

Hi BatRay, thanks! The water temps here at the moment are between 11 - 13 degrees C. Chilly but still productive! :)

Sweet! Glad you could join us. Do make yourself at home :)

Hi WF!
I'm in your neck of the woods too, so if you're keen on tagging along for a dive send a PM. Sold my kayak a while ago, but I'll keep a look out for yours. What colour/brand is it?

Emp

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT