• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Kiaora from New Zealand

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Lorrytown

Jan 25, 2012
Hi guys!

A little bit about myself. My name is james and i am a 25 year old guy from New Zealand. I live in the south island where i am studying Nursing. I have a slight mobility disability that was caused by an extensive operation on one of my legs to remove a tumor. Some of my hobbies include, Traveling, reading, exploring, Search and Rescue [im a member of a volunteer response team down here] and putting myself out of my comfort zone.

I found out about Free Diving while in Indonesia when i recently completed a APNEA level 1 free dive course, at the free diving school on Gili Trawangan. My brothers [ with whom i was traveling with were doing their paddy open water course at one of the dive schools and i stumbled upon free diving and decided to give the level 1 course a go.] I was alittle bit worried about my disability, but i was stoked to find out that it wasnt really an issue, i just wasnt used to having fins on my feet and kicking with them.

Now i am totally hooked to the feeling and experiences i got from my dives and i am determined to continue and improve my ability and knowledge of Freediving, with the aim of one day returning to Gili Trawangan and completing levels 2 and 3. I am going to try and set up a training regime, as i do not know any other free divers in my immediate area, my brothers are into scuba so i might just train with them until i graduate.

Thank you for having this amazing site, see you on the boards!.

-james

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…