• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Kiaora from New Zealand

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Lorrytown

Jan 25, 2012
Hi guys!

A little bit about myself. My name is james and i am a 25 year old guy from New Zealand. I live in the south island where i am studying Nursing. I have a slight mobility disability that was caused by an extensive operation on one of my legs to remove a tumor. Some of my hobbies include, Traveling, reading, exploring, Search and Rescue [im a member of a volunteer response team down here] and putting myself out of my comfort zone.

I found out about Free Diving while in Indonesia when i recently completed a APNEA level 1 free dive course, at the free diving school on Gili Trawangan. My brothers [ with whom i was traveling with were doing their paddy open water course at one of the dive schools and i stumbled upon free diving and decided to give the level 1 course a go.] I was alittle bit worried about my disability, but i was stoked to find out that it wasnt really an issue, i just wasnt used to having fins on my feet and kicking with them.

Now i am totally hooked to the feeling and experiences i got from my dives and i am determined to continue and improve my ability and knowledge of Freediving, with the aim of one day returning to Gili Trawangan and completing levels 2 and 3. I am going to try and set up a training regime, as i do not know any other free divers in my immediate area, my brothers are into scuba so i might just train with them until i graduate.

Thank you for having this amazing site, see you on the boards!.

-james

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT