• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

kids size or X-small adult freediving long fins

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
OMER has kids size pockets? Where can I find them? I'd love to get my hands on a couple pairs.

Cheers mate.

I supose with the kids size foot pockets you would match kids size blade insert, or would the blade inserts be the same as adult

hi, i don't think you would ever find kid's size footpocket for long blades.
the smallest you can find is size 38/40. sporasub and omer are the smallest on the market. other brands make 38/40, but they have a much bigger fit (example nemo from waterway).
in order to fill the emtpy space left from a small foot, you can use 5mm socks, and that would easily make a 35/36 foot fit in a 38/40 footpocket (if you don't use european sizes i'm sorry, i'm not very good with uk and us sizing:)

cheers,

linda

Linda, would you happen to know where to get 38/40 foot pockets?

This seems like a question that keeps comming back. a fair amount of small sized addults or kids that are now getting into this hobby. and i am surprised that the europeans dont have these. as i know very well the european families go freediving as a family. i have run into them in the ocean, not sure what nationality, but the whole family was doing it for a very long time.(spain maybee, or french).

anyways. how about heal foot style fins. sz small 38 open foot(heal), would work. but no one make these. infact not many even make open heal foot pockets anymore.
Rife and spora sub and effesub are the only ones i can find online that still offer some limited sizes in the open heal. and i am surprised. as freediving is popular in many cold water areas. Im from minnesota( so weve got cold water even in summer.) so open heal would make sense in many situations. ...the few small sized open foots are in-deed not only collectable but a comodity. i now understand why the last pair i saw on ebay sold so high.

I dive cold (ice) water with closed heel pockets because they work much better than open heel footpockets. I buy them to fit and then wear a 5-6mm sock with them. If you're worried about walking to the dive site in your wetsuit socks you can just wear a pair of crocks over the sock and tie them to your float while diving; or, you can coat the soles of the socks with shoe goo and make your own wetsuit booties.

The smaller sized footpockets I've seen come only with smaller sized blades- gear more for snorkeling than freediving. I've never seen a footpockets on a true freediving fin smaller than the 38-40's that have already been mentioned. I have seen people wear a full on wetsuit boot, with hard sole, inside of a closed heel freediving fin to take up the extra space to make them fit properly.

Jon

I found out that WaterWay makes small sized full foot pockets. But they are helluva expensive.

gs_fin_f-702.jpg

The following online retail website offers the long-bladed fins above in XS (US3-5 or EU36-38) at NT$5200, which converts to US$163:
Scuba Diving Equipment Fines Website - Fins - Fin Full-Foot Long - Gs Rubber Long Fins[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT