• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Korea!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

kristin_

Jan 24, 2011
Hello!
Im moving to Seoul to study for spring semester. Im really new at freediving, and bought my wetsuit just a few months ago. No I am deabting wether or not to bring it with me to Korea. Does anyone know anything abut freediving in Korea? :)

Hi Kristin,

My wife is from Korea I visit the country with her every year. I have yet to take my diving equipment to one of my trips to Korea, but I plan to someday as I would be interesting to see if I can dive with one of the Haenyo divers.

Jeju Island, in the southernmost tip of Korea, is the best place to dive over there.

You should get in touch with Sherrin, a fellow DB board member who lives in Jeju Island and who can direct you to some good freediving spots.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Claudio

Last edited:
Hey, kristin_

we have had a couple of students from Korea. They have contacts to a group of freedivers in Seoul and they're keen to get some more freediving going on over there.

With some luck, I'll also come over to visit! :)

send me an email to askus@wefreedive.org and I can get you in touch with them.

Hope to see you there soon!

Fantastic! Thanks for the info. I just got back from training with sanso down in Thailand and can't wait to start up here in Seoul (though I gotta get my gear first, so probably starting in a month).

Also, for the OP, if you're gonna be new and want someone to show you around let me know. Send me a PM and I'll give you my phone number.

Either way, see ya'll soon!

My gear has finally all gotten here!!! I'll be emailing the Korean group soon, and hope to join them from time to time, but their schedule isn't happy for me to do every week.

So if anyone here would like to set up a time and work on our own I'm very down. Maybe we can even find a regular time to meet (which would be ideal).

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT