• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Sashate

Apr 19, 2017
Hi, I have size AUS7 feet, very narrow, hence I haven't got much choice.... I like the look of Mako (size 4-5), any info on them? i.e. are they narrow fit? Has anyone else tried other brands? Is it worth getting a carbon fibre or is fibre glass okay? Soft or medium stiffness for a small sized person like myself? lol I don't do serious spearfishing, just around the rocks for small sized fish and foraging shellfish and crays in the shallow water. Cheers.

Hopefully some other members will provide some input.

We generally recommend soft blades for all women and men under 200 lbs, unless they are very athletic and know they want a stiffer blade. As for you question about fiberglass versus carbon fiber - If you are doing shallow hunting and this is your first pair of fins, I think you would be better served by the less expensive fiberglass blades - assuming you are considering fins with removable blades.

Thanks Mako! Very helpful. I'm 50kg so will definitely go with the soft blades. Yes I agree with fibreglass as I'm only a beginner. I was even thinking of the plastics as they're much cheaper.... but I'm not sure how stiff they are. I'm a US7.5, will your Mako size men 4-5 fit me? I queried Mako via e-mail and I got a reply that it might be still a bit too big for me. Los Ninos unfortunately doesn't come with removable blades but have smaller fin sizes.

The men's 4-5 should work with a 3 mm sock. The MAKO soft fiberglass blade is softer than our plastic blades (a little). The Los Ninos are very inexpensive and as such, you should not worry about the fixed blade aspect of the fin, unless you have severe travel size restrictions that require disassembly during transit. Al our fins will fit into our gear bag without disassembly BTW.

The Los Ninos may fit without neoprene socks, at under $50 - they are an incredible deal.

Thanks Dano! I'm sold on the mako fibreglass. Sorry for so many questions but would love your second opinion on the women's 3D camo 7mm wetsuit... I'm a size US2. My measurements on chest and hip are few inches smaller than the size guide for a SMALL wetsuit. But I fit in the weight and height range. Do you think I'd still be okay with a SMALL wetsuit or will it be too big? It says in the description that you provide all sizes from US2- 10?

Sorry for the slow response. Thanks very much for your support. If you fall within the weight range, then the suit should fit well. If you are a tiny bit shorter than the sized based on weight, you may have sleeves that are just a tiny bit long, but to be honest, you porobably will never notice it at all.

Thanks Again!

Dano

Am so happy with your service. Thanks for putting up with my long questions. Will be leaving a positive comment on the site when I purchase.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT