• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Wanted Ladies Monofin

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Grace

Aug 15, 2005
I'm looking for a ladies monofin (size 38). I've been using a borrowed Waterway up until now so something similar would be ideal.

Grace

:)

Hi Grace,

A ladies monofin? well please define what 'ladies' means to you?

I call my monofin Natalia, because she behaves like a gentle women, soft and curvy.
Some fins behave more manly, needing more power, and more aggressive response of the blade.

Maybe you're up for buying a Nemo or flyer type fin for yourself?

Love, Courage and Water,

Kars

Hi!

I have to admit, I was a little confused about the blade stiffness aspect of choosing a monofin. I used a monofin all last season (about 4 months) and loved it. I'd like to use it for training depth and in the pool too.

Given that I'm a relative beginner and there's lots of room for improvement of my technique, I think a softer one would be more suitable? A "Natalia", I guess! What do you think? I'll gogole the Nemo and "flyer-type" fins.

Thanks Kars :)

Depending on your budget you could also go for a hyperfin, like a Starfins.
Alex apparently has the ability to match your desires and needs.

In general softer fins are easier to swim with, and allow for slow swimming.

A this moment I think I would have a medium-soft blade with a flexible footpocket (so the fin mostly bends at the finpocket). The fin would preferable be lightweight and a bit buoyant.

Maybe put up a pool monofin video here, to how your technique is now? - my guess is that it's already way past the beginner levels. - There is no need to be too humble.

Try some more fins, even if they are too big (use some socks) and get a feel for the fin and it's qualities. It's helpful to get your bearings on what it is you want.

Kars

ps how is your new hobby going? or do I need to say passion?

edit: I just noticed your latest blog post answering the above :D

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT