• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Lake District, North West England

JamieC

Oct 9, 2020
Hello all.

I'm Jamie, from the south Lakes, Cumbria, England. I've been freediving on and off for a few years due to struggling to find people to dive with. But after my girlfriend recently passed her AIDA 2, we've been getting out a bit more. She lives in Glasgow though, so we don't get to dive all that often.

I'm lucky enough to live only 15 minutes from Capernwray Dive Centre, which is great, and am aware that Steve Millard runs sessions there, however I'm yet to work out when they are. I sometimes dive in the lakes, but conditions can be very hit and miss.

I've seen there are other posts on here from people in my local area, but most are a few years old now. But if there's anyone still about, please get in touch!

Cheers, Jamie :)

Reactions: Mr. X
Hi mate, i’m doing my AIDA 2 with Steve. I’m based in Barrow. Do you still dive?
Hi Goldie,

sorry, I've not been on here in a while. Saw you'd replied when I googled something this morning and this thread popped up.

Yes I'm still diving. There's a few of us dive fairly often in Capernwray Diving Centre near Carnforth. And as the season goes on we'll start diving a few of the Lakes. When is/was your AIDA 2?

Speaking of Barrow, I've recently started looking at spearfishing spots in Cumbria, there's a few spots around Walney island look like they might have potential.

Hi, yes I am. Are you coming to the UK?
Hi Jamie, are you still freediving? I just arrived here in Cumbria and i have been freediving/spearfishing for 4 years in the Philippines. I would like to ask if you guys have group around the area.

Thanks

Hi Jamie, are you still freediving? I just arrived here in Cumbria and i have been freediving/spearfishing for 4 years in the Philippines. I would like to ask if you guys have group around the area.

Thanks
Hi, I am, though I haven't done much this year due to focusing on other things. We have a group, it isn't official though, just a group of friends. Whereabouts in Cumbria are you?

Jamie

Hi Jamie,

Midlands based freediver here- right next to a great dive spot but they don’t do Freediving here- I’ve reached out to another freediver close to Capernwray and we’ll be diving soon enough- if you’re after buddies still I’d love to take more trips up to Capernwray and try out the Lakes someday. Seems finding groups is still a little arcane so if you have any contacts up there I’d be grateful to find more people to dive with!

Cumbria's lakes can also be a great place for freediving, but it's important to be aware of the risks and be prepared for changing conditions.

Hi, I am, though I haven't done much this year due to focusing on other things. We have a group, it isn't official though, just a group of friends. Whereabouts in Cumbria are you?

Jamie
Hi Jamie, sorry for the late reply, i,m just down here in Barrow. Is it okay if i would like to request for a link to the group if that would be fine as I am planning to get back into freediving.

Thank you.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT