• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Lakes you Freedive or Spear - Wisconsin

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I was wondering the same thing!
I went skiing out there this past winter and the water flowing over the falls from one lake to the other looked pretty clear. I tried to look up lake maps for them and they both appear to be shallow (30' ish) and there must be fish in them from the amount of ice fishermen I saw out there. It would be worth a dive if nothing else.

Did you happen to notice if one lake was clearer than the other?

Jon

Hi Jon

it appears that the upper, smaller lake (Cox Hollow) is clearer according to the WI lake clarity site- it's also the only one I was looking at yesterday

I just e-mailed the park to see what the regs were on skin and SCUBA- will post here when I get an answer- apparently there are carp in there

Jon,

You said that your father in law just found the other half of the Appomattox? is it hard to find? and is there any way i could get some kind of dive map for that area?

I just got off the phone with him and he said the numbers are published in his latest book. He didn't have a copy with him and I don't have a copy of that one yet so I can't tell you what they are. He did say the it's north and east of the main wreckage that we all dive on and it's in the same 18'-23' of water that the other section is in. I guess they had 50' of vis out on that wreck a couple weeks ago when they were doing training dives.

Jon

Hi Jon

it appears that the upper, smaller lake (Cox Hollow) is clearer according to the WI lake clarity site- it's also the only one I was looking at yesterday

I just e-mailed the park to see what the regs were on skin and SCUBA- will post here when I get an answer- apparently there are carp in there

here's what I just got from the park- I didn't specifically mention anything about spearfishing in my initial inquiry

Neither lake is very clear and neither is very deep. Both lakes are relatively small (Cox Hollow is smaller) and for the size both get moderate fishing pressure. Previous divers have not found our lakes to be very conducive to diving. If you do decide to dive, a flag would be required.
Governor Dodge State Park
608-935-2315

anybody know of any decent spots closer to chicago? I am looking for just a place to practice on some carp maybe even a panfish or two ;) Thank you in advance for any info

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT