• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

laoding the seac sub asso 115

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

ryanlobo

Jul 19, 2006
I live in India and recently purchased a seac sub asso 115 spear gun from Oz. The manual isint really informative and I want to know how to load the gun. I have tried to gently push down with the spear from the muzzle end but cannot get the spear in. I have not forced it in and since the gun is fresh out of the store, I do not want to mess with it without knowing clearly what should be done.

I dont know anybody who spearfishes in India and need to know how I should rig this gun.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Best,

Ryan

Last edited:
Hi Ryan, I have a 115 fitted with a mamba system.
I am not quite sure what your problem is? You load the gun by attaching the loader to the end of the spear & then pull the spear down into the barrel. The trick is to do it in one swift movement, there is a definite technique which requires some practice. The easy way to learn would be to decrease the pressure by letting some air out of the gun. You can pump it back up as you get more practice loading.

Attachments

• P1020650(1).JPG
    P1020650(1).JPG
    183.4 KB · Views: 609
Reactions: spaghetti
Back to topic Ryanlobo, you'll find all your answers in Shane's clip and Foxfish's post (except for the fact that Fox's pic is only demonstrative: never load a speargun out of water).
To resume, in water you can do it two ways:
A-standing, if the bottom is shallow (as in Fox' pic, but with water all around)
B-stretching your body long on the water's surface (in this case you can help holding the barrell between your thighs).
The actions, to be done swiftly, are the following:
-Gun butt on the neck of your foot
-right hand pulling down the shaft with the loader
-left hand "tracking" down the shaft's tail to prevent it from bending.

Good idea to keep the gun at a lower pressure for the initial period, then gradually increase the pressure as you get familiar with the loading technique.
There's not much more to learn.

Reactions: foxfish
one thing people forget to mention is the length of extended loader. If its too long it will be a bitch to lock in place. It doesn't require that much strength to pull it down or move it. It takes a lot of strength the last few inches to lock it in place. The longer the extended loader is the more abs you will need to lock the gun. The shorter it is the more lats are used. Back muscles are way stronger than abs. I loaded mamba asso 115 at 24 atm the first try but it was really hard. My extended loader was roughly 2 inches too long. I shortened it a tad and its much easier to load now.

If you are Shanes height ;), you have to use more abs.

Last edited:
So, Ryan it looks like, I am a dancer, Shaca has strong abs, Spaghetti likes my face, Dobs thinks I am John Travolta, Greek Diver has a 2" extension & Spaniard obviously visits dubious places!!rofl

foxfish said:
So, Ryan it looks like, I am a dancer, Shaca has strong abs, Spaghetti likes my face, Dobs thinks I am John Travolta, Greek Diver has a 2" extension & Spaniard obviously visits dubious places!!rofl

url]

foxfish said:

lol.gif

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT