• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Last month to go....

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Memo

Sep 1, 2003
Hi guys,

I've entered the last month of my military service and I have to say that I am BORED!! Please keep up those all nice posts and pictures as they really motivates me ;)

I've already started preparing some cool and big plans for the end of following month and october so fingers crossed :)

I want everybody to send some nice UW pictures in here, it could be some catches, scenes, fish, mermaid :t or anything you want. I just want to cheer up :D

take care

Reactions: stevevidar
sorry mate :blackeye somehow i missed that one. no new pics from me. May be shane comes soon so we can see what he did at the weekend...

Last stretch memo. Celebrate with some Raki or Tuborg karimisi for me. Kolay gelsin.

allaharsmaladik arkadasim,
Cingene

Hi Memo,
Good to see you are down to your last month. It has been a while!!!! Looks like I will will have to join you staying dry this month :-(

Returning with 3 fresh Golden Trevally back on the 8th I was run off the road by a huge truck. I flipped my landrover 4 times and before everything stopped spinning I was hit it the back of the head by a fin and saw the trevally shoot through the remnents of the front window. I ended up in the hospital that night but a friend was with me in the next car and I will be okay. Difficult to dive with broken ribs though :-(

On the positive side, my tahiti made it!!! ...about the only thing that made it though beside me :)

anton

Hey Anton,

Are you okay??? Flipping your landrover 4 times :duh

What happened to the truck driver? Was he/she arrested?

I told you those tahiti's were hard as nails :D

Golden Trevally with a hint of Tarmac :p

Hope you get better.

Hey Memo. not long to go now my friend. And stop harrassing ppl making love in public places ;)

Anton,
That was a narrow escape! Glad you are still in one piece (more or less) :)

I lived in Iran for a while - the driving rule there was "Man aval": Me first!

Memo:
Here's a picture of a local beach in Spain. It's L'Estartit on the Costa Brava. North East coast a bit south of France. It's a composite of 2 pics taken by Oscar, - Blue Icarus.

Last edited:
yeah,
I am happy I am okay... pics here(http://www.kaska.net/antonandmaggie/funandtravel/wreck/Thumbs1.htm) Glad the wife was not with me!!!! The night before we found out we are expecting our first child in early March (a Pisces, go figure) so it will definitely be a spearo! The guy took off and left me bleeding but my spear partner was just ahead and after someone called me I was able to locate the phone in the dark and call him for help! Some locals chased him down and got his plate number. The cops are still trying to get ahold of the guys "sponsor" ... paperwork is a bit on the slow side here, to say the least. (The more I think about it, I was damn lucky)

Yeah, Trevally and tarmac, or in this case glass... the cops were actually talking about trying to save the fish since they looked so good but there was too much glass in them :-(

Man ur car looks really messed up...hope you are doing alright...

i think its going to take a while for the cops to get their stuff toghether: you have to love arab ineptitude- this coming from a Kuwaiti...

glad your speargun made it... and congrats on the kid

Hey Anton,

You have destroyed your car :D

Your headroom has been reduced slightly. Did you hit your head on the roof? Where you wearing a seatbelt?

Man i am really glad you are okay. I have heard that driving in your part of the world is a real nightmare.

Congratulations on the mini Anton coming soon.

Originally posted by shaneshac
Hey Anton,

Man i am really glad you are okay. I have heard that driving in your part of the world is a real nightmare.

oh man you have no idea... nightmare is an understatement, but i somehow like it...must be all the adrenaline rushing thorugh your body...

yes to the seatbelt (reason I am alive) and yes I hit my head a few times pretty good-an additional reason I can't dive right now :-( damn, and I needed a haircut. Now I look like I did in the 70's :)

Reactions: shaneshac
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT