• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Lead

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
May 2, 2014
Im going to the scrap yard at some point soon to pick up lead to cast weights for shallow water spearing(0-5m maybe 8) i need a ball park figure on how much to pick up

Im 105kg(alot heavier that quite afew of people ive seen on here) and wear a 3mm one piece wetsuit... I will only be in the sea

Ive seen belts made for soft weights that have loads of pockets around them i was thinking of casting 1-2kg weights and puting them into those instead og getting a mould with belt holes in it... What you all think?

Thanks

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

a good rule of thumb is 1kg per 1mm of neoprene and you should be just passed neutral buoyancy.

There are many ways to weight your body to suit diiffernt styes of diving but as a guide I weigh about 190lb & use 4 kg in my vest & 4 around my waist & .5 around my ankles for shallow water hunting.
If you are very lean then you wont need so much .. for deeper dives I use less weight.
You will have to experiment but I would buy at least 12kg to play with.
If you only want to use a belt then you need a rubber belt to grip the suit & stop it moving around.
Shot belts like you mention are terrible for slipping around when you dive unless you line the inside with rubber.
.5kg bullet weight crimped on the belt is a great method.

Reactions: Kuya
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT