• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Lee!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Erik

Jan 21, 2001
...what's the schedule amigo? Leave Saturday AM?
Erik

That is what I was planning for Erik. I meant to call you last night. Will touch base for plans tonight. I am very excited for the trip.

lee

Hmmm.... so if big Daddy E-Ric isn;t showign up untill saturday.. guess that mean the Blindsiders + JimmyD are the advance party :D

we'll keep some brew on Ice for you ;)

Lee, my car is not up for the job methinks, and we don't need it as the dive-trailer doesn't have to come (Jimmy aint comin). Plus your car gets better mileage :) Your car ok?
Erik

Me and Lee, since Tyler's boat's out of commission.
Erik

got your site yet? E100 & E102 are taken, but the nearby ones should be freediver friendly :D

Not yet... can we stuff another tent on there? If not, we'll get one.
Erik

Erik said:
Lee, my car is not up for the job methinks, and we don't need it as the dive-trailer doesn't have to come (Jimmy aint comin). Plus your car gets better mileage :) Your car ok?
Erik

I guess if my car is all we have then it will be tested for sure. Let the adventure begin.

As for camping site. I called Telegraph cove, they said there is lots of room this early in the season. We could pair up on the sites though and split costs.

What happened to James?

I am wondering if we will want kayak or boat to access offshore islands. We should consider renting something out there.

I spent this morning reviewing the the fishing reg fine print for that area.

lee

is anyone is going to be on the 1230 or 1500hrs ferry Twassen - Duke point on Friday?

Last edited:
Erik and I will be at either the Twassen or Horseshoe for the ~5pm ferry on Saturday. I am not sure which is more economical on time. Shorter ferry from Horseshoe, but have to go through Vancouver, yet it is Sat. and traffic isn't to bad?

lee

Lee, we should go to the Horseshoe Bay ferry. Much faster to get there- right on Highway 1. I've done both more than a few times.
See you at 4AM!
ps, the T-shirts are in.
Erik

Erik,

Car is fueled up and ready!

I was thinking it would be great if we could make it to the 3pm ferry so that we would arrive at site still in daylight to set up. I am not sure if it is possible, what time would we need to leave to do this? I thought we could possibly make it with a 3am leave, with a tail wind and stop for fuel only. I will be rested and ready to drive first off, so you can sleep.

lee

Erik,

Another option would be to leave Sunday am, since we are doing the trip in one day, if you needed Saturday to get ready more/run errands or anything?

lee

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT