• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Legislation for spearfishing - help needed

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Sergiu

No gravity
Feb 16, 2006
What i am trying to do is to put together a draft legislation that would govern spearfishing in Romania.

At the moment, there is practically no legislation specifically for underwater hunting/spearfishing, only a Fishing Law which applies to all public bodies of water in Romania. In this law there is only a reference under banned practices that "spearing, harpooning or any other pointed device used to kills aquatic life is not allowed" and it's punishable by law. It is unclear if the intention of this paragraph was to outlaw only spearing/harpooning while on land only, or it would extend to being underwater.

In any case, the country clearly needs a specific piece of legislation to regulate underwater hunting.

What i need as first line of action is similar laws from other countries, to use as model. If you have any such documents, in English, it would be great, please let me know the website of send me the documents. Any other feedback or legal advice will be much appreciated.

It's going to be a long process but I have some contacts at legislative level and with a good draft law and sustained lobby, eventually the legislation will be in place.

for the record, I do this voluntarely as i try to promote both sustainable spearfishing as well as freediving in Romania. So, no cash involved but one day, hopefully soon enough, you may be able to land a few turbots on the Romanian coastline.

Serge

god help us!!!!
it is so bad to go hunting with the fear in yur heart....:|
and hide allways:(

Hi,
I am going to move to Romania soon and I would like to learn if is there any changes for the laws and regulations?
Spearfishing is still not allowed?

Thank you for your comments.

Try the Italians their years a head and if your from romania the langauge is similiar the difference in Italy is that each region has different distancing laws 200 meters 500 meters from the shore line beach ,. in winter we have more freedom to fish !as the tourist season ended its 100 from shore 150 meters from left or right of port 100 meters from mouth of the port no spear fishing in side the port ,.from the boat 2 persons both of capacity to do apnea or spear fish in cause of Emergency to alert or retreive person in difficulty or assist from water,. Navigation of boat ships must have 100 meters distance from divers and the diving bouy being yellow, orange ,red with a diving flag the diving boat must also have its diving flag if not a person with a hand held flag demenstrating to others that some one be diving the law is civil not crinimal at this present time. does this help

Also no one is permited to charge the gun out of the water this mae prove to be a crinimal act if the gun is pointed in a threatening manner or with a ill intension or seen as i.e some one in the city centre far from the beach or lake with a loaded spear gun

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT