• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Let's help the Norwegians . . .

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
That's a first - fishing to help the environment!

I'm sure they would be good to eat and that if they sold them more, people would eat them.

Discovery had a show about the kingcrab fishers...pretty tuff job, or as it's also knowned, the worlds most deadly job.... But they are a threat to the "original" animals here, they haven't got to sweden jet, but they are on their way so stop them while you can!! //Tompa, from nohuntingsweden

Tompa said:
Discovery had a show about the kingcrab fishers...pretty tuff job, or as it's also knowned, the worlds most deadly job....

I saw the discovery TV series and it made really good viewing.
You’re right about the danger though every season some poor fisherman seems to die and all for a few crabs.
On a brighter note I bet they taste great anybody know if they’re available in the UK? And if so any idea where from?

podge said:
I saw the discovery TV series and it made really good viewing.
You’re right about the danger though every season some poor fisherman seems to die and all for a few crabs.
On a brighter note I bet they taste great anybody know if they’re available in the UK? And if so any idea where from?

M&S Food halls are selling them but not sure if just in certain stores. Cost a small fortune from what I remember.

Spaniard said:
M&S Food halls are selling them but not sure if just in certain stores. Cost a small fortune from what I remember.

Spaniard its not true what they say about you,:) you’re a hero.
Down to M&S I go.

Can you imagine? It's like being invaded by Godiva chocolate . . . or goosed by Charlize Theron or . . . :inlove :thankyou ::D :friday

Reactions: BennyB
I am just back from Norway and the government and fishermen are not really that worried about the King Crabs, in fact I was at a seminar that discussed ways of avoiding damage to king crabs while trawling.
I think the Norwegian Government has a fairly pragmatic view on the "invasion" ie that they are worth big money.
Oh and look who was making the noise, the WWF. Does that not tell you something....
Edit: I tried to help them by eating smoked seal -fantastic

Reactions: podge
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT