• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Let's help the Norwegians . . .

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
That's a first - fishing to help the environment!

I'm sure they would be good to eat and that if they sold them more, people would eat them.

Discovery had a show about the kingcrab fishers...pretty tuff job, or as it's also knowned, the worlds most deadly job.... But they are a threat to the "original" animals here, they haven't got to sweden jet, but they are on their way so stop them while you can!! //Tompa, from nohuntingsweden

Tompa said:
Discovery had a show about the kingcrab fishers...pretty tuff job, or as it's also knowned, the worlds most deadly job....

I saw the discovery TV series and it made really good viewing.
You’re right about the danger though every season some poor fisherman seems to die and all for a few crabs.
On a brighter note I bet they taste great anybody know if they’re available in the UK? And if so any idea where from?

M&S Food halls are selling them but not sure if just in certain stores. Cost a small fortune from what I remember.

Spaniard said:
M&S Food halls are selling them but not sure if just in certain stores. Cost a small fortune from what I remember.

Spaniard its not true what they say about you, you’re a hero.
Down to M&S I go.

Can you imagine? It's like being invaded by Godiva chocolate . . . or goosed by Charlize Theron or . . . :inlove :thankyou : :friday

Reactions: BennyB
I am just back from Norway and the government and fishermen are not really that worried about the King Crabs, in fact I was at a seminar that discussed ways of avoiding damage to king crabs while trawling.
I think the Norwegian Government has a fairly pragmatic view on the "invasion" ie that they are worth big money.
Oh and look who was making the noise, the WWF. Does that not tell you something....
Edit: I tried to help them by eating smoked seal -fantastic

Reactions: podge
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…