• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

LGsub Manilu Revolution to Salvimar Vacuum tip Muzzle Mod

FlotsamBob

Dec 28, 2022
Had recently noticed a fair few people (mainly on the Italian forums) asking if this modification is possible.
I am chuffed to confirm (with much credit to Popgun Pete) that it is very much effective and quite simple thanks to a couple 3d printed parts I designed.

First you need to print out this plug and push firmly into the Delrin 'Ogive' as far as it will go. This will provide the perfect spacing for the new Vuoto tip (11mm barrel version) and prevent any dust from entering the gun whilst you grind away the excess.

After hitting the plug you should swap to a finer sanding implement and smooth up all the curved surfaces to your desired level of finish. I glued a dowel to the middle of the plug and inverted everything (so dust falls downwards) to remove it again. I experienced zero dust incursion but your mileage may vary.

This version of Salvimar (11mm Evo) vacuum tip will fit perfectly now.

If you desire to use the original sliders (6.5 and 7mm LG shafts) you can print out this little adapter. Use a light epoxy to glue it in and make sure the shaft slider doesn't stick before you press adapter into tip. I lost the first incarnation during firing as the slider was a little too snug (mistakenly used Loctite in the gluing process). Printed perfectly in PETG but other filaments may work OK (control expansion settings).

Putting the 3d files out here hoping someone from the other forums will notice them too: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6767140

Tested the gun many times this summer (105cm version) and can say it's a well balanced winner. Swapped between the 7mm and 6.5mm shafts depending on fishing locations and was impressed with the shooting performance, ease of swing and trigger pull. Only gripe really is the lack of pressure reducer, otherwise this gun would take the place of my trusty 110cm Cyrano!

Attachments

• Muzzlemod Plug ScrShot.png
    193.9 KB · Views: 16
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…