• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

LIC Portland Pairs Comp 2010

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

James T

Apr 14, 2004
Dear All, On behalf of the London International Club I'd like to invite you all to take part in the 2010 Pairs Spearfishing Competition.

This is not a formal spearo comp but more of a social event that typically gets a very good turnout and is a good laugh. In the past it has been well supported and is about the quality of individual fish and not large catches.

It will be run out of the O'Three shop Portland and you can basically fish anywhere in the UK but you have to be at the shop by 4pm on the 10th July for the weigh-in.

The LIC and O'Three will be laying on a BBQ and drinks. The British Spearo team will be there if you'd like to meet them and have a chat, and also the opportunity to meet up with spearos from all over the UK and abroad who attend this event. There will also be the usual very generous prizes from our sponsors including O'Three, European Spearfishing Supplies and Spearo.

The cost is £30 per pair which covers entry, food and soft drink. Friends and family are all welcome - there is a £10 fee for BBQ and soft drinks for them.

Contact me on pairscomp@yahoo.com for an entry form. The deadline for entry of the 30th June.

Hope to see as many of you there as possible. Please see attached for more details about how to enter and the rules.

Attachments

• LIC International Pairs Competition 2010 Final.pdf
    351.2 KB · Views: 259
Thank you to the LIC club for moving the BBQ and weigh-in venue to
0 Threes premises, as they said in their information the British Team will be using this dive as part of their training for the World Championships in Croatia in September. It will be an ideal opportunity to come and meet some of the best divers in the county and talk to them personally about fishing techniques and gear.

Alan Mills & Eric Smith (Management Team)

The pairs comp is on tomorrow and looks like the biggest one yet - we have over 58 divers taking part and about 80 people joining for the Barbie after.

All are welcome as per above,

Cheers,

James

Reactions: scottwilson
Now that was fun! Although for me it was all on land.
In the water it was the bass in holes having all the fun at my expense!:head
What a great gathering and some beauty fish including Gary's new record Gilthead (TBC) of 3.101kg
O'Three were excellent host's.
:friday
:)

What was caught in this competition, I was Going to attend but couldn't in the end? Was there much caught locally or did everyone travel?
Posted via Mobile Device

saw a Picture of Gary's Bream Stunning fish well done to him !!!!!!!!! makes me proud to be south African :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT