• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

light on my gun

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

mishu1984

Halla Waaaaallllaaa
Aug 15, 2002
hey guys..i was thinking of mountin a light on my speargun, like in that moive, Deep Blue Sea. anyways im using a float system directly hooked to the shaft to it wond get in the way , but are there any suggestions out there, and what are the pros and cons?:duh

For pneumatic guns, there are holsters for mini AQA lights that work great in holes/caves.

For band guns... it's probably more trouble than it's worth.

My 2 cents :hmm

mine is a band gun...well actually i have a band and a pneumatic.... and they are both the same diameter so its interchangable...i can also take my band gun ( AB Biller 36' Profesional) to a machine shop and get a sopecial mount made....

any suggestions???

mishu, heres what you need to do - on pneumatics its easy to mount a UK mini q40 light, its slim line and weighs nothing, good light for the money (30$ or so)

what you COULD do if you want to dish out some bucks for SERIOUS light is make a mount for a UK HID light cannon (also have one, but not mounted on a gun) that would be dakine mounted on your biller, this thing is BRIGHT!

jollalola...i know about the Uk...i havew opne myself, the Uk 08 Sunlights...beeyotch is bright....but i need something a little more compact than that...any ideas?

I had a "Super Sabre Light" mounted on my .38NW for a while. what a GREAT system for nighttime grouper. solid white spot beam and a thin "3 C-Cell" profile. the flat sides make for easy mounts. Belive pelican makles this light. was $24cdn when I bought it.

Watch out for Bities if you're hunting at night. especialy in the gulf. I got "bumped" a few times while nighthunting and decicided to stick to Cuttles and Bugs, rather then Hamour.

Good luck!

oh dont worry about the bities..ive had a nasty experience with a tiger here in Kuwait....

i dont know about donw there in Saudi, but up here in Kuwait we get lots of tigers, and if u go up north a little towards the NOrtheren Kuwaiti islands u might be "lucky" enough to run into a bull....theyve been know to attack people in the Tigris and Euphrates rivers...

oh and i have good news to any other spearfishirmen in Kuwait..if any... they re-opened the sea again..going out on the sea was strictly prohibited due to the military presence in the gulf...i guess Kuwait didnt want a repeat of the USS Cole....

Hey Amphibious, do you know any good dealers for marine equipment down in Saudi..im looking to get something like a 30-36 footer, twin outboards, ay something like 250 hp each engine...???

Originally posted by mishu1984
oh dont worry about the bities..ive had a nasty experience with a tiger here in Kuwait....

I hope those tigers never mind to come close to cyprus:(

Sorry Mishu - don;t know much about boats - we do all our spearing off shore there.

and Yup - Lots of Bulls, Tigers, Silkys, Hammerheads, Black tip, white tip.....

no worries with any of them - they just cruise by and are on their way.... Night time is a different story ....

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT