• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Line Release

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

tromic

Aug 13, 2007
I've just finished my new "Vlanik" type Line Release for Cyrano.

Attachments

• LineRelease.jpg
    LineRelease.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 283
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank him for me :friday I;m going to build one for my Bazooka when put it back in the water.

Thanks for the informative video clip.

Cheers, Don

This new type Line Release doesn't affect the trigger. I would find some place for the reel too. Don, when are you going to open the season in the sea? You have a lot of work on tests with your new guns. :friday

Attachments

• LineReleaseM.JPG
    LineReleaseM.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 247
Last edited:
Frankly speaking there are lot of line release systems which doesn't affect trigger...
Have you guys ever seen this for example (magnetic line release system)?
image_4da9e44998f34.jpg

image_4da9e47df38bc.jpg

image_4da9e460acb5e.jpg

Last edited:
I would like to see a magnetic line release - please try to post the pictures again.

I would like to see a magnetic line release - please try to post the pictures again.
I've tried to upload images and update links in previous message. Please let me know if you still can't see them.
More information (sorry, in Russian only) and couple of pictures are on the site of manufacturer: here and here (please see at the bottom of page).

Last edited:
I prefer this Andrey's solution. It is simple to make and can be on different positions on the gun. It is also easy to hook the line on it. Also could be locked after winding a line. :friday

Last edited:
One thing to consider with line release devices is how much tension will be in the shooting line when it is stowed on the gun. Shooting line with an integral line tensioning element will sometimes activate the line release prematurely if the detent spring on the passive line release is too weak. Conversely a strong detent spring presents a resistance to the shooting line pulling free and takes some energy from the shot, although the effect is negligible at the closer shooting ranges. If line can be stowed loosely on the gun and there is only one line wrap then a passive line clip will do the job, these clips can be seen at the rear of many of the old mid-handle pneumatic spearguns. Not so easy to get them to hold two or more wraps especially on a long gun as it is all too easy to lose the first wrap as you perform the second wrap.

I have been shooting Calico up to 7 lbs with no issues in the low visibility
water and one small twenty odd # White Sea Bass local school fish.

The water is just starting to warm up with more the the 8 to 10 foot vis I get off the beach.

My game fish season will start in May and run through Sept with a offshore game fish Comp in June. I have plans for a Go-Pro to capture some ''tests''.

The Bazooka will not see the water till the late fall.

Cheers. Don:friday

One thing to consider with line release devices is how much tension will be in the shooting line when it is stowed on the gun. Shooting line with an integral line tensioning element will sometimes activate the line release prematurely if the detent spring on the passive line release is too weak. Conversely a strong detent spring presents a resistance to the shooting line pulling free and takes some energy from the shot, although the effect is negligible at the closer shooting ranges. If line can be stowed loosely on the gun and there is only one line wrap then a passive line clip will do the job, these clips can be seen at the rear of many of the old mid-handle pneumatic spearguns. Not so easy to get them to hold two or more wraps especially on a long gun as it is all too easy to lose the first wrap as you perform the second wrap.

That "Vlanik" type line release does not suffer from this problem unlike last two presented.

Conversely a strong detent spring presents a resistance to the shooting line pulling free and takes some energy from the shot, although the effect is negligible at the closer shooting ranges.
Actually, this is a "peanut" comparing to energy required to pull the shaft from the piston at the same moment.

P.S. I've mentioned only those release systems which are easy to apply to any existing speargun. Best ones can be realized only through the constructional changes.

Actually, this is a "peanut" comparing to energy required to pull the shaft from the piston at the same moment.

P.S. I've mentioned only those release systems which are easy to apply to any existing speargun. Best ones can be realized only through the constructional changes.

My Aquatech 500A has a quite strong detent action on the line release finger at the rear of the gun and of course has no piston. It was that gun that I was thinking of when I made that comment.

Better position for Line Release

Attachments

• LineReleaseN.JPG
    LineReleaseN.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 251
Such type линесбрасыватель well use if beside harpoon anteroom привязка...
If привязка for running bushing then at shot, harpoon is rejected(deviate) from purpose...

Such type линесбрасыватель well use if beside harpoon anteroom привязка...
If привязка for running bushing then at shot, harpoon is rejected(deviate) from purpose...

I suppose this will be better than original.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT