• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Ling Cod

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Haven't eaten any of him yet, but I look forward to it! Yes this was up near Port Hardy... awesome time, missed you BRay.

Haven't eaten any of him yet, but I look forward to it! Yes this was up near Port Hardy... awesome time, missed you BRay.

Yeah, I wish I'd been there Couldn't be helped. The good news is that the job situation has stabilized and gas prices are dropping. Plus, you got a superb ling! I've had those before and man are they tasty. I can't wait to start slaying 'em.

I've had Ling in the past and agree that it is fantastic. My fave after Halibut.

:inloveMMmm, blackened halibut! I had that at a restaurant one time and have never forgotten its deliciousness. There are supposed to be some decent-size ones in Monterey, where I do much of my diving.

sweet catch bro! if only it came with a hot girl in a bikini

I take it you haven't seen Erik's missus? Lucky bugger don't need no hot girl in a bikini!!!!

Nice catch matey, is it a grouper or a cod type fish?

Reactions: Erik
Thanks dudes! The fish is a cod I suppose... it sits on the bottom thinking it's invisible, so fairly easy to line up for a good shot, but the trick is finding the f##kers!
And yeah Pixie is also a good catch- maybe she'll put up a bikini pic!

And she rides too!

Attachments

• n523206344_300177_8678.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 299
  • cbr.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 278
  • n523206344_263154_8413.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 298
But the real tragedy in all this is that the fish was better looking than Erik rofl

Much respect to ya, Pixie! You're a woman after my own heart

Rachel
Motorcyclist since 2003
Freediver since 2002

Or this one.... 20 years ago of course:

Attachments

• erik24a.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 276
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…