• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

London December Session

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Simon_Reid

Jan 4, 2007
For this months session I have calculated some very hard tables for static apnea.
The recovery times are quite short on the hardest one but I have also made up some intermediate ones too.
James completed the Tribe table V last session so I have now printed up tables VI to IX so 4 more tables of increasing difficulty.

It will soon be time to start introducing the resistance to low levels of O2 tables. These can be done in the pool with care (the risk of LMC is higher) so are better done dry.
However it would be a good idea for us to practice some rescue and recovery exercises for static apnea this session, as it's been a while since we've done any drills.

If we have time we can finish off with the Toypedo, I have two of them now so that should keep us on our toes.

But after saying all that, it is your club so please let me know if you wish to do anything different this month. We could go over some of the old lectures, drills etc.

Here's what we have covered to date:-

Equipment review
Facial immersion in ice water with heart rate monitor
Static tables
Toypedo session
Neck weight demo trial and how to make
Viewing of Ocean Men
PBs in static
Recovery breathing
Breathing up
Yoga stretching
Rescues and safety
Duck dives

Last edited:
Re: December Session

See you there.

If we have time we can finish off with the Toypedo, I have two of them now so that should keep us on our toes.

That would be the toepedo then .................:t

Sorry to let you all know that the boiler for the Tribe pool has broken and David is trying to get it repaired as we speak.

The parts are on order so if we are lucky it may be fixed by Monday week, that is the 10 of December.

Keep a look out on this forum for confirmation.

Regards

Simon.

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the 'heads-up' regarding the repair of Davids pool. In the interim, is it possible to e-mail me the full set of tables you've put together please? ... including the newest ones from tables VI to IX.

Cheers,
Ian

Hi everyone! I'm new to all this but I hope to be joining you for a training session in Jan or Feb 2008.

Catherine

Hi Catherine,

Welcome to the Tribe forum. We look forward to seeing you at the pool one day.

Please keep a look out on this forum for the dates we meet up. We usually meet on the first Monday of every month, hopefully going to twice a month soon.

As you may have seen, the pool is cold due to a boiler breakdown, but I shall be posting here when it is back in service.

Regards

Simon Reid

Hi, I am new to this too, was planning to come to the session tomorrow but it doesn't look like it's happening...can't make the 10th unfortunately so hopefully will be able to join you in January, I'll keep an eye on this thread.

cheers

Brian Andrew

Hi Simon,

In your initial post at the top this thread Re: seeking other ideas / input for the session; two ideas come to mind for me.

1. Is it possible to get another look at the Ocean Men DVD? (I missed it last time)
2. I have bought a device used by the Italian Freediving team that is essentially two heavy duty suction caps that can be connected to the walls at either end of the pool, and joined by say 1/2" diameter rope - allowiing divers to undertake a form of horizontal Free Immersion (arms only) breath-hold dive by pulling themselves along underwater along the rope. Looked intriguing to me. I'll bring them along for the group to check out & see if there's any interest.

Cheers,
Ian

Hi Ian,

I have thought of that already when I was thinking of a way to practice FIM but the pool has mosaic tiles, so the suckers will not stick. We will have to think of another method. Maybe we can get David to fix some eyebolts to the pool walls.... ;-)

Regards

Simon.

Hi Simon,

In your initial post at the top this thread Re: seeking other ideas / input for the session; two ideas come to mind for me.

1. Is it possible to get another look at the Ocean Men DVD? (I missed it last time)
2. I have bought a device used by the Italian Freediving team that is essentially two heavy duty suction caps that can be connected to the walls at either end of the pool, and joined by say 1/2" diameter rope - allowiing divers to undertake a form of horizontal Free Immersion (arms only) breath-hold dive by pulling themselves along underwater along the rope. Looked intriguing to me. I'll bring them along for the group to check out & see if there's any interest.

Cheers,
Ian

Hi Guys,

The pool heater is fixed and is getting up to temperature now. It should be a balmy 30c+ by next Monday the 17th Dec.

As it's so close to Christmas could everyone who would like to attend please post a reply here so that we can know if it's worth having a session on that date or not.

Regards

Simon.

Last edited:

Tentative for me as I'm visiting the Dentist just before next Monday the 17/12, so unlikely to make it. :~(

No, I will not be able to make it either. My first miss since April. :(

I've survived the Dentist, so could make it too.

Is the session on?

Cheers,
Ian

Folks - I emailed everyone over the weekend - looks like it didn't get through!

Due to low numbers we are going to cancel this months session and start over on 7th January 2008.

I've survived the Dentist, so could make it too.

Is the session on?

Cheers,
Ian

We are going to have to miss the December session due to low numbers. The next session will be the Monday the 7th of January.

Regards

Simon

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT