• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Long Island NY freediving?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

robbyzuniga

Roberto Zuniga
Mar 25, 2004
Hi I am very interested in freediving but I don't really know where to start here in Long Island as I am new here. Where can I find a dee pool to start?
places to dive?

I know there is AIDA and IAFD. Where can I take a course to become a more experienced freediver? I always practiced freediving in pool with 4 minutes held breath. What I really want is to take a course and be certified. I will appreciate if you have any information.

regards,
Roberto Zuniga

NY-freediving

Hi .. Roberto,, nice to see somebody from New York here--
well we have in the same situacion-- I looking for a 50 meter pool a patner for practicing-
I know there is a big pool one in New york( Mahantan ) la calle 95 por ahi en la parte este- but it cost 20 dollars per day to much-- Im from new jersey west new york,,

I do my training in New Jersey--in a 25 m pool,,,

also there is some freedivers( EAST COST FREEDIVIng That they do their training in Pensilvanya en un lago

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EastCoastFreediver/

I haven't beeing there yet-- but maybe in the future I will be there ,,,who knows

is good you can hold your breath for 4 minutes-- you are doing better than me....here you going to find a lot of information ( take the good one)

saludos y bendiciones - tu hablas espanol -yo soy cubano

Daniel.

gracias!!!!

neshamah thanks I appreciate your help!!!! i am from Honduras and love freediving. is good to know people who are interested in freediving. what I am going to do is start with a nearby pool and then for the summer will go to the beach and practice here in long island :0)

Me apasiona mucho la gente de Cuba, me gusta leer cosas de cuba. el libro que me gusta mucho es del escritor cubano Reinaldo Arenas, y su pelicula antes que anochezca. Ademas admiro mucho a Pipin Ferrera el campeon de freediving.

i will let you know if i have other info. if you know of magazines I can buy please let me know. i went to borders and didn't find any freediving magazine. I have a couple of books and will be in touch for any other info that can help all of us.

roberto zuniga

NY-freediving

Ok ,,, Roberto good to know you are from Hunduras..
well that what you can do practice in pool and then in the summer go to the ocean ,, I think the ocean is very close from where you live-

well yo ordene mi sportasub fins from www.diversdirect.com
desde miami they have some freediving staff en su revista
_________-

in this forum you will find all the information you need about freediving techniques y equipos

Hey - I like reading too,,and everything has to be with las artes - Mi amigo un periodista y escritor conocia personalmente a Reinaldo arena el me hablo algo sobre sus escritos ,,,si quieres le hablo de ti ,,,

God bless you

Daniel.

hope you get up to speed with your freediving education and activities.
once you have found a decent spot for freediving in your neighbourhood, would you mind adding it to the database at www.freedivingspots.net ?
So in the future others will be helped by your knowledge.

thanks

Thank you jvoets
you gave me a lot of information in very litle time -that's good

saludos

Daniel.

"Every daily task can be claimed for God to gain back the praise and glory belongin to His name"

nice

thanks daniel, I appreciate your help and yes it will be good to meet interesting people who have the same passions as you. wow your friend, knew reinaldo arenas personally!! well I am a great fan of his writings and has always inspired me.

I am putting a coment in general freediving about stimulants.

roberto

hi

Hola Roberto- saludos yes is good to meet freediver near us--
di you see the web site I gave you -del grupo que estan freediving en el lago de pensylvania ??

about Reinaldo mi friend went to visit him to te hospital before he die--

______

did you find a pool around there ?

bueno estamos en contacto

Daniel.

yes I was seeing that place to freedive. I am interested in practicing. I just hold my breath and like to swim underwater but never really found somebody to dive deep and practice.

I found a pool near my area, YMCA pool in patchogue and they have a gym. They told me that in YMCA, there are a couple of people that freedive. I will try to partner up so that I can practice more.

What I don't seem to find is a course to really practice all this techniques. I thought that AIDA or IAFD gave courses. Let me know how are you doing.

Roberto

Hey guys.... I'm planning on spending about a week in NY with my family in Hicksville. Of course I wanted to get some freediving in; so far all I could think of was doing dynamics in the Eisenhower Park aquatic center (they have a 75m pool which can be shortened to 50 or 25... it's quite nice). However, I would really like to meet up with some other freedivers and do some ocean diving; if anybody here is up for this, perhaps we could arrange something.

-Adam

All,

Would be very keen to start up regular freediving pool training sesssions in NYC. I live in Astoria, Queens but work in Manhatten. If anyone is interested.
Get in touch.
Cheers.

Keith

wall_ace@hotmail.com

hi

Keith

That is a good Idea -- I live on jersey-
but I was seeing the different pool they have in mahatan-
what pool do you think is the best to start this?

find out? also there is another guy Roberto from long island
________

There isa 50 m one pool I think is 90 st east mahatan - but is to expensive - I ask 20 dollar for one day -

saludos

Daniel...

Hi Daniel, I sent you a private message to your email to get your phone :0)

I am in Sayville, Long Island and go to the YMCA pool. Like for 25 visits you pay $185, not bad I think.

Roberto

hola

Hola Roberto,,

did you received my message? well I will send you a private mesage con mi numero -

hey I just call to this pool in new york is on : E. 23 rd st
Asser levy recreation center you pay 75 dollares al año

tel from the pool is 212 447 2028

lets see how we do -- find the rigth pool to practice together
I least one in a month- or one in every dos semanas -
for me will be easy to find a pool near la 42 because I can take the ferry y cruzar el hudson river to NY --

Hablamos

Daniel....

adam , i read your post about the aquatic center at eisenhower park. i go there a few times a month,and i am also looking for a freedive buddy for saltwater. i am intermediate-level..at best

skidivefish said:
adam , i read your post about the aquatic center at eisenhower park. i go there a few times a month,and i am also looking for a freedive buddy for saltwater. i am intermediate-level..at best

Hi! Unfortunately I wrote that post almost two years ago... however, if I'm in the area again, and available for any kind of training, I'll post here. DB alerts me when posts are made in this thread.

-Adam

Querido Roberto, me llamo Marina Perezagua, soy una joven escritora española, pero entreno freediving en Francia. En agosto voy a vivir a NY por dos años y me encantaría saber si usted conoce freedivers allí, o algún club al que me pueda unir. Muchas gracias!
Marina

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT