• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Looking for a Buddy in Seattle area…and Instructor.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

MonkeySea

Aug 25, 2015
I'm just starting out with free diving, and looking for a buddy in the Seattle area. I'm in Seattle, 10 minutes from Alki. Also would like to know of a good local instructor if any.

Thanks,

MonkeySea

Welcome to Deeperblue! You may want to browse the other Intro and Greets threads, as some folks have joined from the Seattle area in the recent past. You may also want to check out the USA/Canada subforum, linked here: https://forums.deeperblue.com/forums/usa-canada.91/

As for instructors, PFI is located very close to you. You may also want to check out course offerings with AIDA, SSI, or any of the other freediving schools. Any of them would be a good bet.

I am also new to the sport I have done a lot of swimming, years as a child and dreamed of swimming down to the bottom of lakes. I am currently looking for a dive buddy, I have been practicing at the Federal Way Weyerhaeuser Aquatic center, they have lap swim but in the diving pool.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

Hi everyone. I'm in the Seattle area near the U Village and I'm also interested in a diving partner. I'm signed up to take a class in August, but I'd love to meet up with people in the meantime!

Hi everyone. I'm in the Seattle area near the U Village and I'm also interested in a diving partner. I'm signed up to take a class in August, but I'd love to meet up with people in the meantime!
I recently found a buddy myself. Where do you plan on practicing? Know any places around? Not aware of many in our Seattle community and would like to build as many connections as possible.

I'm not sure of any super deep wells in the area, but I know the UW has a dive well ~12' or something like that. Would definitely love to meet up and swim at some point though! I'm trying to build up my network as well haha

So the Weyerhaeuser pool has 30' in the diving pool I believe. Haven't been in a while. Might be 25' either way down to the bottom and across is a good practice. Lap swimming at the bottom that is. We are both beginners so when we get a schedule going we could try and meet up. Toss me a text at 253-243-50SixZero.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT