• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Looking for a buddy in So Cal

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

IronLung

CHALLENGER of the DEEP
May 17, 2004
Hey guys, I'm fairly new to the sport, I'd like to find a training buddy. I dunno about actualy going out freediving yet, since I have never really done much training, but thats why I'm looking for a training buddy in the first place right?

Ike

I'm a mildly experienced freediver who's just barely started to try out spearfishing... My brother moved up to N Cal (lost my dive buddy), so I've started looking for buddies in the same area/age group.
I'm 25 in Venice... generally beach dive up towards Leo Carillo, Pt Dume...

Alex

also, I'm REALLY interested in Kayak Diving

I'm a bit more inland guys, Glendora if you know where that is. Its about an hour from the coast.

Ike

Last edited:
No worries, (I'm not the one who has to get up an extra hour early ;) )

I'm thinking of heading out this coming Sunday... Either down to Redondo or up towards Leo Carrillo / El Matador
both are very snorkel friendly sites (conditions permitting)

any takers?

-alex

^^^Sunday sounds great, conditions are supposed to be better this weekend. PV is better for me but I'll drive further north too. call me 323 497-7007.
ironlung- I grew up in Glendora and used to drive to trestles all the time to surf, makes you want the ocean that much more...

Yeah, thing is, I'm a bum, no car or anything. But I do know a good place, nice clear water, it's in Laguna, just south of Pelican Point. Long hill to walk down, but it's a nice place, I've snorkeled there a few times. Its called Crystal Cove. If you guys go there let me know how you liked it.

Ike

cool... Sunday it is...
I've got nothing against driving south... probably closer than what i'm used to. I've been meaning to check out some spots in Redondo. Either way, i just want to get into the water.

I've heard some really good things about Crystal Cove, and it's a spot I'd really like to try... but it's definitley the furthest option.

and Email tends to be the best way to get in touch w/me (i keep odd hours)
simagery @ yahoo.com (no spaces, tryin to avoid auto-spammers)

alex

Im moving to N California next month. Any divers up there? Maybe I need to start a new topic...

here in so.cali, OC area and dove many laguna areas. i dive PV area and looking to dive catalina anytime soon as long as the water is still warm. if any of yall want to go, feel free to let me know and we can arrange something. have my own gun, float, line, and gear. reminder..lobster season baby...

In that area, I'd have to say Shaw's cove, laguna beach is the best. (Fisherman's as well)

Crystal cove gets a little to big in the surf area. Better Visibility at Shaw's.

I'm new to the sport as well. I'v been spearfishing Shaw's cove now for a coupple of months.

Hey, im also in socal, really close to leo carillo. If anybody wants to dive around there(or anywhere down malibu or thereabouts), let me know. Im also down for going to catalina anytime (money permitting) i dont spear(yet!), but i would gladly learn if anyone wanted to help me out.:)

So anyone in the area or anything let me know if you want to dive anytime:)

Have you guys managed to dive together ?

I live in West LA area and I am looking for a freediving buddy who knows where and when to dive and doesn't minds sharing the knowledge.

Got my own suit / mask / fins / snorkel. Ready to go.

Going to Childrens Pool (La Jolla San Diego) This sunday with two friends if anyone wants to meet up there. Or if anyone is in the area and wants to come along your more then welcome. also if anyone has some tips on diving Childrens, it's appreciated. Thanks.

I live in Laguna and some great places to go are from 3 arch bay if you can talk yor way in, Moss Point, Pearl is ok, thousand steps, Brooks outewr reef, Shaws, Crescent, and Emerald bay, and Crystal cove.

I'm open for spearfishing the Laguna Beach area on Saturday mornings. Just PM me at spearboard.com if you're interested. BTW, if you guys are looking for people to dive with (spearfishing), please consider joining the OC Hunter club (www.ochunter.com).

Reactions: OceanSwimmer
just bumping this thread up......
Ive really been lacking in motivation lately because i have nobody around here that freedives (in my town), so if anyone wants to go diving in my area please let me know! I can dive most weekends from lower malibu up to northern ventura or santa barbara, and if anyone would like to go to any of the channel islands or catalina for some diving, or even wants a safety buddy or someone to teach how to spearfish then i would love to....i just really need to get in the water. Even if anyone does pool training around my area and wouldnt mind an extra person now and then i would love to.
thanks!:)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT