• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Looking for a dive buddy in Canada

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Kara.Pohl

Apr 20, 2021
Hi everyone,

I'm new to DeeperBlue forums though I've known about it for years.
You'll have to forgive me if this isn't how these posts are normally written!

I used to teach SSI Levels 1 and 2 for a short (but wonderful time) in my life. A couple of years in Koh Tao Thailand, Koh Phi Phi and for a little while, in Sanur Bali.
I was a real travel bug for a number of years. Unfortunately that life took a seat for a while when I settled in the UK. I returned to my home country Canada just last year after being away for 10 years and I'm now situated here in Winnipeg (that's right, the furthest city from the ocean/not counting the Hudson Bay-bbrrr).

I'm reaching out today to see if there are any freedivers in my area (Manitoba, Canada) who might want to help me get back in touch with what used to be one of my favourite things in life. I'd like to work on skills for dynamic swim and also would love to explore nearby fresh water lakes if anyone knows of some good summer time hot spots?

Cheers!
Kara

Hi everyone,

I used to teach SSI Levels 1 and 2 for a short (but wonderful time) in my life. A couple of years in Koh Tao Thailand, Koh Phi Phi and for a little while, in Sanur Bali.
I was a real travel bug for a number of years. Unfortunately that life took a seat for a while when I settled in the UK. I returned to my home country Canada just last year after being away for 10 years and I'm now situated here in Winnipeg (that's right, the furthest city from the ocean/not counting the Hudson Bay-bbrrr).

I'm reaching out today to see if there are any freedivers in my area (Manitoba, Canada) who might want to help me get back in touch with what used to be one of my favourite things in life. I'd like to work on skills for dynamic swim and also would love to explore nearby fresh water lakes if anyone knows of some good summer time hot spots?

Cheers!
Kara
Hi Kara,
I'm not sure if you have found anyone to dive with yet, but I live near Winnipeg and just got into freediving.

Ashton

Hey Guys,
I am located in Montreal and travel around a lot.
Would love to also be part of this.

Hi Kara,
I'm not sure if you have found anyone to dive with yet, but I live near Winnipeg and just got into freediving.

Ashton
Hey Ashton! Sorry for such a late reply. I’m heading out west to get a bit of training in for myself as it’s been a number of years. I’ve chosen to dive with Sea to Sky freediving for a private training session so far. Once I’m back in manitoba in September I’ll let you know where I’m at then. Do mind telling me what is your freediving experience level of training?

Hi Dawdy didn’t want to miss saying hi to you here as well, I’m in Winnipeg but travelling out west in the next little while/back to MB in September if you’re in either of the two areas in the next couple of months. I haven’t been doing much scoping out for locations to five here but I did speak to a few dive shops who say west hawk lake is best for diving near Winnipeg.

Hey guys, I've done a few freediving courses in South Africa and was a DM in Thailand on Koh Phi Phi as well. I absolutely fell in love with freediving in SA but that was a few weeks before covid hit, so haven't done any since. I'm hoping to get multiple weekly early morning training sessions in this winter, have you spoken to any pools or know if it's possible to do without booking private pool time?

Cheers!

Hey Guys,
I am located in Montreal and finished Aida 4. I would love to also find a buddy to train with.

Hello, I would like to know how much a Canada visa price in Pakistan. Since I want to study there, it is very important to me.

Hi everyone,

Cheers!
Kara

Hi everyone,

Cheers!
Kara
Hey Kara, If you're still in MB I'm looking to do some depth/ safety training but need a trained buddy. I go freediving every other weekend in the Whiteshell. Previous scuba instructor turned freediver. AIDA 4. 36M FIM, 90M DYN, 4:56 STA.

Let me know if you're interested in any kind of training really... at this point I'm considering completing the AIDA instructor course just to certify my own dive buddies Lol not too many here.

Nolan.

Hey Kara, If you're still in MB I'm looking to do some depth/ safety training but need a trained buddy. I go freediving every other weekend in the Whiteshell. Previous scuba instructor turned freediver. AIDA 4. 36M FIM, 90M DYN, 4:56 STA.

Let me know if you're interested in any kind of training really... at this point I'm considering completing the AIDA instructor course just to certify my own dive buddies Lol not too many here.

Nolan.

Hey Nolan and Kara!

I'm new to this site as well, but am also looking for dive buddies in Winnipeg. I'm also a scuba instructor (PADI) turned freedive instructor, though most of my diving these days is recreational. I'm a couple weeks into a summer-long cross-country road trip and just arrived in Winnipeg. I'll probably be here for a week or so and would love to get in the water. My home base is in the Caribbean so I'm very much a warm water diver (but am determined to come to terms with the cold water!). I mostly do constant weight depth training (PB of 30m) but am happy with any discipline really.

Anyways, if either of you guys want to get in the water over the weekend or next week let me know!

Lexi

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT