• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

looking for a portable air tank for a performance

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Elzan

Feb 21, 2021
Hi all,

I am a recreational freediver. I am also a professional performer and in my last performance I am doing apnea. I do the breath holding after other actions, so I start the hold with an already consistent CO2, and in addiction I do the breath hold in an uncomfortable position.

I would like to find a small portable tank to inhale from it just a moment before starting the holding (and then leave it and just do the hold). Does anybody know of the existence of such a tank? Also, would you recommend to inhale air or oxygen? (I don't do any deepening in the performance). I would like to use it in special cases, when I am tired or sick or I have a lot of adrenaline. Otherwise, I would just just my natural hold.

Thanks a lot!

Hi all,

I am a recreational freediver. I am also a professional performer and in my last performance I am doing apnea. I do the breath holding after other actions, so I start the hold with an already consistent CO2, and in addiction I do the breath hold in an uncomfortable position.

I would like to find a small portable tank to inhale from it just a moment before starting the holding (and then leave it and just do the hold). Does anybody know of the existence of such a tank? Also, would you recommend to inhale air or oxygen? (I don't do any deepening in the performance). I would like to use it in special cases, when I am tired or sick or I have a lot of adrenaline. Otherwise, I would just just my natural hold.

Thanks a lot!

I hope this gets to Elzan and Hydro-Mike,

Before I make any suggestions I would strongly recommend consulting with a Sports Medicine Doctor that deals with diving or a Dive Doctor.
Air embolisms have occurred with scuba divers. I'm not sure scuba or mini scuba mix with free diving breath holds, BUT I AM NOT AN EXPERT ON THIS SUBJECT. There are a number of products on the market. I like the MiniDive Pro because it can be filled without a dive shop (hand pump or mini compressor) - but that does not mean that you couldn't get in trouble with it if you are not a certified scuba diver. Maybe I'm overcautious. DiverC

Reactions: Elzan
One other overcautious hint: Oxygen and Nitrox (above 30% or so) can:
1) Explode
2) Could damage your lung.

I hope this gets to Elzan and Hydro-Mike,

Before I make any suggestions I would strongly recommend consulting with a Sports Medicine Doctor that deals with diving or a Dive Doctor.
Air embolisms have occurred with scuba divers. I'm not sure scuba or mini scuba mix with free diving breath holds, BUT I AM NOT AN EXPERT ON THIS SUBJECT. There are a number of products on the market. I like the MiniDive Pro because it can be filled without a dive shop (hand pump or mini compressor) - but that does not mean that you couldn't get in trouble with it if you are not a certified scuba diver. Maybe I'm overcautious. DiverC
Thank you DiverC for the reminder. Yes, I am in contact with an hiperbaric doctor who is also a freediver.

I would strongly recommend Nonos Mini Scuba Oxygen Air Tanks because it is Open at any time, breathing balance on-demand single regulator, with a pressure gauge, can show how much air.​

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT