• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Looking for spearfishing trips in the area?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Feb 27, 2012
Hello everyone,

I am located in Qatar and trying to arrange a spearfihing getaway trip next month. Is there any recommendations? I'm looking for something within a maximum of 7 hours flight from QATAR. (South Asia, East/north Africa would be perfect) .. I am seeking a big game fish. I Would like to set some personal records this time ;)

Your reply is much appreciated.

Thanks and regards.

Check out Khalid & Mohammed in Qatarsub. their store is located in souq wagif. u have plenty of game in qatar so you dont really need to go that far. good luck

Hi Qatar freediver,

I am in Qatar and do freediving too... I have been to many different places mainly after Hamour at the nearby islands.

The problem here in Qatar is the visibility is not that great and also you need to have a decent size boat in order to go to good places where you can find the big game ones.

So, welcome aboard, we can get together and I can take you with us for a trip. Let me know, do you do free diving or scuba spearfishing, did you have a freediving course or just an amature freediver like myself?

as to you question, I heard about Oman and people say that the nearby isalnds there rock! plenty of fish even yellowfin Tuna.

Ahmed

Dear all spearos,

a buddy and i are planning to visit qatar for a week to spearfish. we are from lebanon and we have been spearing for a couple of years now. i dont have any connections in qatar but heard u guys have massive game!! so guys if there is anyone who can hook us up for a couple of dives with a boat and knowing serious locations we are willing to pay boat expenses etc.......our diving lvl us hunting up to 19 meters deep. until then dive safe

Hi Qatar freediver,

I am in Qatar and do freediving too... I have been to many different places mainly after Hamour at the nearby islands.

The problem here in Qatar is the visibility is not that great and also you need to have a decent size boat in order to go to good places where you can find the big game ones.

So, welcome aboard, we can get together and I can take you with us for a trip. Let me know, do you do free diving or scuba spearfishing, did you have a freediving course or just an amature freediver like myself?

as to you question, I heard about Oman and people say that the nearby isalnds there rock! plenty of fish even yellowfin Tuna.

Ahmed

Oman is an excellent place. But authorities there will give you hard time in order to issue a spearfishing license for you. we couldn't get our spear-guns through airport (Feb/2010). and we spent the whole trip snorkling and Rod Fishing. (Plenty of fish though)

We do go to Halool sometimes. but with no luck to find the Kind Makarel. :(

Anyhow, Thanks for the invitation, i shall contact you once i get back to Doha.

Regards.

Dear all spearos,

a buddy and i are planning to visit qatar for a week to spearfish. we are from lebanon and we have been spearing for a couple of years now. i dont have any connections in qatar but heard u guys have massive game!! so guys if there is anyone who can hook us up for a couple of dives with a boat and knowing serious locations we are willing to pay boat expenses etc.......our diving lvl us hunting up to 19 meters deep. until then dive safe

You are Very Welcome.

There is a good fishing spots. But they all far away off-shore. about 2 hours off-shore.
It really depends on the weather and current of the time you will be in Qatar. if these two things aren't perfect. then an off-shore dive is just too painful :(

let us know when are you planning to be in Doha? and i'll let you know if i can arrange something for you.

Regards.

thanks a lot for helping!! once we start to preparing, i will surely contact you ! is the season/weather conditions after Ramadan good ?

thanks a lot for helping!! once we start to preparing, i will surely contact you ! is the season/weather conditions after Ramadan good ?

October/November/April/May are the best months usually when it comes to the quantity and size of the fish ..
Jan/Feb/Jul/Aug/Sept are definitely the worst.
rest of the months are average.

and regarding the weather, i would say .. we have a very unpredicted weather .. but for sure, May and June are mostly windy ..

Anyhow, .. let me know once you know when are you coming ..

Best Regards.

October/November/April/May are the best months usually when it comes to the quantity and size of the fish ..
Jan/Feb/Jul/Aug/Sept are definitely the worst.
rest of the months are average.

and regarding the weather, i would say .. we have a very unpredicted weather .. but for sure, May and June are mostly windy ..

Anyhow, .. let me know once you know when are you coming ..

Best Regards.

thanks so much for your help.... i will contact you definitely, thanks and until then dive safe!!!!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT