• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Looking to get back into spearfishing in Central Florida or Jupiter Area

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Jaye_Miller_

Sep 8, 2020
Hey all I’m in Orlando and looking to hopefully meet up with some experienced spearos to help me get back into the sport. Grew up fishing on a lake in Michigan and spent a year spearing a shallow shore reef in Dania Point back in college. Loved nothing more than being out in the water, it did me a lot of good back then which is something I really need lately. I know there’s not much going on here near Cocoa but maybe someone knows some good spots for lionfish/lobstering. Use to live in Stuart so love that area and definitely looking to head that way more often again. If anyone is looking for a weekend dive buddy, knows someone who is or possibly any clubs you’d recommend please let me know.

Reactions: DiveHacker
You should contact the Florida Freedivers Store in the Palm Beach area. They may sponsor some spearfishing trips and I know they have a pretty active community of speros that are affiliated with the store. Good luck.

You should contact the Florida Freedivers Store in the Palm Beach area. They may sponsor some spearfishing trips and I know they have a pretty active community of speros that are affiliated with the store. Good luck.

Thanks for the recommendation. I was looking at their training courses thinking they'd be a good refresher - didn't think to inquire about friends of the shop who be me looking for dive buddies.

Welcome Jaye. Yes Florida Freedivers seems a good place, judging by their YouTube channel.

If you look at the top level of this forum, there is a Buddies area, under that there are regional areas for discussion threads, the USA/Canada region likely has the most Florida-specific threads.

There have been several new members joining from Florida recently - I just responded to one - so worth a quick scan of this area, Greets, too ;)

Welcome Jaye. Yes Florida Freedivers seems a good place, judging by their YouTube channel.

If you look at the top level of this forum, there is a Buddies area, under that there are regional areas for discussion threads, the USA/Canada region likely has the most Florida-specific threads.

There have been several new members joining from Florida recently - I just responded to one - so worth a quick scan of this area, Greets, too ;)

Thanks for the tip Mr. X - I saw a few that you were talking about. Much appreciated.

Reactions: Mr. X
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT