• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Looking to upgrade

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Jun 3, 2021
I'm on the market for a 90-100 speargun. Was looking at the Pathos Saragos 95. Any recommendations as to anything else? I'm still very new to all this and most I can go down is about 5 meters (16 feet) and most I can hold my breath underwater is about 40 seconds

I'm on the market for a 90-100 speargun. Was looking at the Pathos Saragos 95. Any recommendations as to anything else? I'm still very new to all this and most I can go down is about 5 meters (16 feet) and most I can hold my breath underwater is about 40 seconds
The Pathos is a nice gun, but there's a couple things to note about the D'Angelo II handle. The space between the back handle and trigger is a bit far for me and a lot of others. Meaning, I feel like I'm reaching far for the trigger, which isn't ideal when you're about to shoot. Their reverse trigger mech has the tendency to create issues firing when the internal sear components start scratching and galling one another. There's a replacement roller style mech (aftermarket) to address this issue, but at that rate, I'd buy another gun.

Couple brands that come to mind are Mako and Rob Allen. I'd recommend checking out their guns.
Keep diving and be safe!

Reactions: CurrentlyFishing
The Pathos is a nice gun, but there's a couple things to note about the D'Angelo II handle. The space between the back handle and trigger is a bit far for me and a lot of others. Meaning, I feel like I'm reaching far for the trigger, which isn't ideal when you're about to shoot. Their reverse trigger mech has the tendency to create issues firing when the internal sear components start scratching and galling one another. There's a replacement roller style mech (aftermarket) to address this issue, but at that rate, I'd buy another gun.

Couple brands that come to mind are Mako and Rob Allen. I'd recommend checking out their guns.
Keep diving and be safe!
Thanks a bunch! I'll definitely be checking those out

You are in Greece. Get a Meandros or MVD. Much better than Pathos and probably cheaper.
Not so much cheaper, but it can definitely be on the same price range. At least the lower tiers, at least from what I can see. MVD i see has some beautiful and very good priced roller guns, but with me all that tech and power would be lost, at least for now..

I saw the MVD zeso open 100, seems to be more apt for me. Can hold 2 rubbers and is in the same price range. Any reviews on that specific gun?

Not so much cheaper, but it can definitely be on the same price range. At least the lower tiers, at least from what I can see. MVD i see has some beautiful and very good priced roller guns, but with me all that tech and power would be lost, at least for now..

I saw the MVD zeso open 100, seems to be more apt for me. Can hold 2 rubbers and is in the same price range. Any reviews on that specific gun?
While I don't have a 100% MVD gun, I use MVD's muzzle, handle, and reel for my primary guns. Mine is setup for invert roller and it's been shooting perfect for me. MVD uses a reverse trigger mech, but between me and my friends, I haven't seen any issues with MVD's mech. I've also shot MVD's regular roller gun and it was very accurate.

As far as their open 100, I can't say how well it shoots. You could always get that, then change out to a roller later if you're looking to experiment.

Reactions: CurrentlyFishing
if you don't have a price range there's a lot of good guns but if you do look at the marlin evil its a great gun for the price you can shoot quite big fish and land them most of the time where are you from?

if you don't have a price range there's a lot of good guns but if you do look at the marlin evil its a great gun for the price you can shoot quite big fish and land them most of the time where are you from?
I recently moved to Greece

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT