• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Loser!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Erik

Jan 21, 2001
I just want to vent after watching the marathon today at Greece. That asshole that attacked the Brasilian should be put in stocks and flogged, no matter what his reasons or state of mind to do such a thing. I hope he rots, and if I am unlucky enough to meet him, I will personally get medieval on his ass.
I also think that the Olympic committee should give the Brasilian a Gold Medal while letting the Italian keep his Gold. There was no doubt that the Brasilian would have won. No disrespect at all to the Italian.
End of vent
:rcard
Erik Y.

I know how you feel Erik, I was watching and cheering the guy on when the attack occured. I was sitting on my couch with mouth wide open...

I can't believe that there are people out there who feel that destroying something a guy has worked the last 4 years for, is ok to make a political statement...

edit: Turns out this nut was the same guy who ran onto the track during the British Formula 1 Grand Prix. The issue was religion, and apparently destroying other peoples dreams is a good way to spread that message....

I hasten to add that I know many people who have strong religous belief's, Christian, Moslem and Jewish, and none of them would ever lower themselves to this level.

Stocks are too good. My imagination isn't good enough to come up with something suitably nasty. :rcard

Last edited:
Don't they have sharks around Greece?

If not, they oughtta import a few. They could use this nimrod for chum..... :rcard

What is this freak doing out of jail anyway? If it weren't for the damage and possible other side effects of hitting a person with a F1 car doing 210 mph, that might have been just the ticket.

:martial and :blackeye is too good for him

Originally posted by Shadowkiller
The issue was religion, and apparently destroying other peoples dreams is a good way to spread that message....
I wonder what scripture he has that says "Thou shall ruin the 2004 olympic marathon for the brazillian guy".

Anyone has more details? I only read about it now from this thread....

I think a suitable punishment would be to drop that guy in Brazil in some bad neighbourhood and let everyone know what he did.
Will be the last we'll hear about him.

Reactions: Oldsarge
Originally posted by DeepThought
I I think a suitable punishment would be to drop that guy in Brazil in some bad neighbourhood and let everyone know what he did.
Will be the last we'll hear about him.

Now that's a great idea...maybe the 'suburbs' of Sao Paulo.
:ko

If you saw the race, you'd have noticed that the Brasilian still applauded the audience that was waiting at the end. I'm sure he knew that the audience had no idea what had happened to him, but he was all smiles and clapping. Very classy.
Check the headlines today LR.
Cheers,
Erik Y.

"To prepare for the second coming?"

Here is another link...

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1085430.html?menu=

He was sentenced to 12 months suspended and said he did it "to prepare for the second coming."

PUH- LEEEEEEZE! :duh I will be surprised if the British government doesn't slap an ASBO on the old boy (Anti-Social Behaviour Order - In other words, he's :ban

A smiley is worth 1000 words in the right place

I totally agree that with the suggestions of what should happen to the intruder who interfered with the Lima, the Brazil marathoner, and I admire how Lima reacted both in getting back mentally to finishing the race and in his sportsmanship. But I don’t think the incident changed the results. Lima was already starting to fade and the Italian and the American were already starting to close the distance on him when the incident happened.

It was wonderful that he was able to hang on for the bronze. I believe he knew he was fading and would not have been able to hold the other two off even if the incident had not happened, so he was rightly thrilled to have overcome the incident and all the other obstacles necessary to place third in the Olympic marathon.
don

lets give the guy 4 years to prepare for marathoon and let him know that in that day he will not compete with athlets but wildest dogs with biggest teeths then let the Brasilian athlete do the same for him at the end. Thats what i call "FAIR" punishment. :D

Originally posted by Erik
...maybe the 'suburbs' of Sao Paulo.
Erik Y.

I dunno, amigo. I had occasion to experience a second coming in Sao Paulo that still warms my loins... :cool:

Must have been the water.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT