• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Lost Link - SickBug

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Craig Thailand

Aug 4, 2006
I lost a link that was about custom spearguns i think it was posted by a guy whos handle is 'sickbug' or something. i cant remember the website but it was something like hamiltons spearguns or something. I tried searching the web, no luck, same for the site. I like his work and need the site, thanks for your help guys.:inlove

yknow... i been lookin for that site for about 4 weeks thanks !! i didnt post it tho, i cant remember who posted it originally.

Yeah, thats the one, thanx marginatus:friday

Sorry sickbugs, i thought you started that thread, nice work though huh??

they are nice looking guns . The Merlos are a piece of work too and they look tough. Never seen one in action though .

Last edited:
The pic of the tiger shark they got with one of his guns is huge. They must be very powerful as well as robust.

Craig Thailand said:
The pic of the tiger shark they got with one of his guns is huge. They must be very powerful as well as robust.

That was a self defense shoot from Roberto Reyes, who is a Mithic spearo from the caribbean, iwould prefer to have a diving buddy like that instead of three shark shields !

that shark sure got what was coming to him, lol

some of the features on the hamilton spearguns really are nice. well crafted pieces of work

Yeah the hamiltons look great with the front delta wings, the Merlos look a bit more meaty though. I would guess at them both being equally powerful because the band stretch is the same on both 65" models. With the prices as similar as they are i guess it comes down to aesthetics more than anyting else. Do you know anyone making BIG carbon guns, other than Wong.

seaman - did you read his report of the incident on spearboard, it's an amazing story.:martial

Do you mean The incident of Roberto with the tiger? No i readed here in DB, he logs in both forums.

WOW!! 307lbs!! Great stories, sounds like mexico is the place for me in a few years time. I will stick to fending off black tips and shooting GT for now!!

Craig Thailand said:
WOW!! 307lbs!! Great stories, sounds like mexico is the place for me in a few years time. I will stick to fending off black tips and shooting GT for now!!

Whenever you want to come you are wellcome ..

BatRay said:
Great story. Thanks for the link.

Sad thing is now, Socorro Island is closed to spearfishing. Maybe in a few more years, another government with fresh and good ideas could hopely open it again..

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…