• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

m-TECHNIC carbon fins

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Chefkoch

Oct 7, 2001
Has anyone tried m-TECHNIC fins? These are carbon fins produced in Greece. I know a Greek freediver who said they were better than the C4. Damn those carbon blades look smoooooth!
This is what I found:

Freediving: For this more technical sport I have a pair of M-Technic stiff blades( pure carbon), that have been glued into a pair of Beuchat foot pockets. The choice of the foot pocket was decided by trying on many different types, and finding the most comfortable. These fins have an exceptional amount of grunt compared to the standard spearfishing type fin, but have the serious disadvantage of being very brittle, and will blow apart if hit on a hard object. When used properly these fins let out a distinctive noise as the carbon snaps back to it's resting shape.

technic_800pix.JPG

Hey there,

I have seen those carbons in action.. Calista Johnston from the Canadian freediving team has them and she swears by them. I have not used them personally but from what Cali showed me they can fold in half without snapping.. I thought that they were fragile and I was taught otherwise. Carbon fiber is tougher than you think. Also, if all else fails send them back to M-tech. They say that the guy is pretty understanding and stands by his product.

Reactions: 100guelras
You guys talk about some guy selling them... how can you get ahold of him or his store? online? phone#? be great to know, since I have heard nothing but good about those fins either...

Erik

I had a pair of these fins & found them to be very good, but quite narrow & short.I also had a problem with the blades staying glued into the foot pockets as marinos who makes them in Greece does not recommend that holes are drilled into the blades.I went over to waterway fins as they are much stronger & less liable to shatter when a large suitcase is dropped on them in an aeroplanes hold.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT