• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Madison, WI newbie

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

waterman503

Apr 12, 2012
Who freedives around Madison? I live and work here, and am very familiar with the lakes. I am PADI certified, but am much more interested in freediving and developing my dynamic apnea skills as I am already a strong swimmer.
I'm really looking for a mentor, someone to teach me about this stuff. Planning on taking the FII course in Black River Falls this July? What's next?
Best,
waterman503

Reactions: Whopperhead
waterman503 - Welcome to Deeperblue. There are quite a lot of us that Dive around Madison. Mostly for Spearfishing. Hopefully this RIGHT isn't taken from us. That's good to see you're taking advantage of the the Class in Black River Falls! We won't be having a Level 1 here next year. JON on here is very informative - probably the most actually. Maybe he will chime in.

Good luck trying to practice dynamic in any of the pools around here. That right was taken away a couple of years ago when some dumb ass kid's swim coach offered up a candy bar to whichever kid could swim the furthest on a single breath. Of course, an 8 year old blacked out and that was the end of doing anything over one lap underwater. :(

You might want to join the Four Lakes Scuba club as they play underwater hockey every Monday night during the winter at the McFarland high school pool. It's a great way to work on your CO2 tolerance and there are a few people there who could spot you for a dynamic attempt before the game. I used to play quite a bit, but took a pretty hard hit to my neck a few yeas ago and was told by my doctor to find a new sport. It isn't always that rough, but I played to win.

Jon

I'd already looked into underwater hockey and am playing this coming Monday. Looking forward to it.

Underwater hockey was a lot of fun. Hoping to play again soon. Diving in lake Mendota this weekend.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT