• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

making a flasher spread, help?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

SpearoPimp

Jun 9, 2004
can some one tell me how to make a good flasher spread for attracting fish. I was thinking of somthing with a float on the surface, a line going down with a weight on the bottom of the line. i don't know if i should use spread bars or somthing (like the ones ppl use for trolling teasers) and what i should use as the actual flashers. im also worried that a fish i shoot may tangle itself in the flashers or tangle up my reel line.

Do a search on "flasher" you will be surprised to see what come up or should that be "flashing"
YakDiver

This is one I made a bit back, works OK but yes you need to watch that the fish dont get tangled up

The bags are for stones for an anchor weight, but since I took that pic Ive tied another bag about 1 metre up to put crushed crabs in
Sorry about the shoes I cut peoples heads off when I take pics of people too

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…