• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

MAKO short-sleeve rash guard with loading pad review

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

TEXASFIVEGUN

Jul 15, 2011
I bought a MAKO short-sleeve rash guard with loading pad. Used it and loved it. It fit well. It offered good protection. Everything was great until I took it off.
When we got home, my wife washed it (according to the instructions). Everything in the washer smelled like skunk. She rewashed, and still the shirt smelled like skunk. It is the loading pad. Soaked it in wetsuit enzyme cleaner, hunters no scent soap, and ofcourse flowery smelling laundry detergent. The only thing that still smells like skunk is the loading pad

I loved the shirt, but I am not allowed to have it in the house. After two weeks on the clothesline, it still smells like skunk. The odor is not that bad now at least not to my nose. I can still tell it but my wife and daughter say it's still horrible.

Hey TEXASFIVEGUN,

Man, I don’t know what to say, other than give me a call and I will send to you a replacement.
Honestly, I don’t know what could have happened. Perhaps it came in contact with something.

Whatever it was, I will gladly replace it.

We sell a ton of these things every year and this is a first. In addition to diving, I am an avid surfer and train at the beach almost every day. So I wear my rashguards at least 4 or 5 times per week. I have 2 of them that I rotate, and I try to wash them after each session.

I do admit, however, there have been times where I left a wet rashguard in the back of my Expedition for a few days and it became quite stinky, to say the least. But a quick wash always leaves it in perfect smelling condition.

So, please give me a call and we will immediately send to you a replacement. We must keep the wife and daughter happy!

Dive safe,

dano

THANKS Dano! The only thing I can think of is that the rubber inside the chest pad had a reaction with something. We had been on a family trip and it was in a mesh decoy bag with all the other wet dive gear. There were about four other rash guards, several bathing suits, a bunch of neoprene dive socks, two dive skins, and some towels. After the first washing everything was skunky but the funny thing is nothing was noticed smelling bad before it went in the washing machine. The pad in the rashguard is the only thing that didn't eventually stop stinking after multiple Washings with multiple stink killing Solutions. If it wasn't caused by the pad in the rashguard perhaps the fan in the rashguard absorbed the smell or something and we cannot get it out of it I do not know. Regardless you are going above and beyond with customer service. I have just placed a fair-sized order for quite a few things and I will call you so we can all ship together. I just want to say I am thrilled with your customer service and your products

I bought one a number of years ago, never had a problem or a bad smell. Still going strong. I have bought only a few things from Mako (distance)
But everything has held up great. Sounds like Dano is gonna sort you out. So cool.

Unbelievably great customer service! I was not trying to get a replacement just posting a review. However the guys at Mako even spoke with me on the phone to find out more information about what could be wrong then immediately offered a replacement. They shipped it out without requiring anything from me except saying I had a problem with one of their products. I have bought quite a few things from Mako and will be buying more. I even had a decent order already in the works that they had to pull back out of shipment to stick my replacement rash guard in. Thank you Mako!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT