• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

For Sale Mako spearguns: 2 handle transformer camera tray

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Mar 22, 2009
Hey Guys,

I have been working on this for a while, and with some valuable feedback from some experienced underwater photographers, and videographers, I think it is now ready for the public.

Starting at only $39.95, I call it the MAKO 2 HANDLE TRANSFORMER CAMERA TRAY. Like the characters in the “TRANSFORMER” movie, it totally transforms from a basic 2 handle camera tray, into a full blown, totally modular and totally scalable piece of underwater gear.

two-handle-camera-tray-starter-package.jpg

If you guys like selfies or hands free operation, you will love the retractable sand spikes that I designed. They slide up and out of the way when not in use. And, they can be rapidly deployed (slide down) to stick in the sand for hands free videoing.

These sand spikes also work well on land, because they can be positioned horizontally as stabilizing legs for hands free operation above the surface as well.

two-handle-camera-tray-sand-spike-deployed.jpg

two-handle-camera-tray-sand-spike-hard-surface.jpg

I also added an upper rail for which to mount your camera. Normally, you will mount the camera on the bottom rail. However, when using the “sand spikes / horizontal stabilizing legs” for hands free operation, the top rail works great for lifting the camera up and out of the grass or other low lying obstacles. I also found that when carrying my tray, the top rail adds a bit of security as it gives me something else to hold onto during a technical dive.

To reduce backscatter, the locline flex arms, combined with the dual aluminum handles, position the lights a full 12 inches from the camera, with the option of adding more locline links for 18 to 24 inches of separation.

Our video lights are very wide angle, giving you a smooth broad light source with no hot spots. They are rated at 890 lumens each, are constructed of anodized aluminum and are priced far lower than most any other video light.

mul_sml.jpg

two-handle-camera-tray-flex-arms-and-light-clamp.jpg

And by the way, guys, please, don’t let the low price fool you.
I sell DIRECT to divers, so quite naturally, my prices are going to be much lower.

This is a rock solid piece of equipment made of high quality, durable, yet lightweight, aircraft grade aluminum.

I hope you like it.

Thanks guys for taking time to read this. And, thanks to the guys who helped me with the testing. I really appreciate it.

Dive Safe,
dano

http://www.makospearguns.com/Two-Handle-Camera-Tray-p/m2htct.htm

M2HTCT-2.jpg

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT